Since COVID, how long does the OSBI generally take to send out CCL?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew Hammock

New to the site!
Reaction score
I’m new to OK shooters, was referred over here from reddit. Wondering how long the OSBI takes to get the permit approved and sent out. The local sheriffs department sent it the the OSBI on 02/03/21 but their web site has no updates yet. How long did yours take, post-COVID?
Thanks in advance!!

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I remember correctly I sent my renewal in mid-summer/early fall last year and got it back in 3 weeks. Renewals are always much quicker than initial applications, but I’m willing to bet you won’t have to wait more than a month or two.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This isn’t quite on topic, and won’t help the OP any, but if you guys could give some reasoning on what the benefits are to re-upping since we’re effectively free to carry permitless. My license is up for renewal is up this year, and I planned on going ahead and doing it, but was curious about feedback from others

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This isn’t quite on topic, and won’t help the OP any, but if you guys could give some reasoning on what the benefits are to re-upping since we’re effectively free to carry permitless. My license is up for renewal is up this year, and I planned on going ahead and doing it, but was curious about feedback from others
Ability to carry out of state where they offer reciprocity

There is a pending application with the ATF that would apparently let your FFL forgo the background check if you have an SDA license.

In my mind, those would be the two main reasons.

Latest posts

Top Bottom