Since I posted on here about gun selling transactions gone bad...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought I would talk about a nice one.

I had a Model 10-5 nickel plated S&W revolver posted here and on Armslist. Had a fellow send me an email Friday saying he would take the gun at my asking price and I could either come to where he was to sell it or he would be glad to work out a mutually agreeable time to meet somewhere.

Agreed on the meeting place and time, both showed up, he looked at the gun for a couple of minutes, gave me cash, thanked each other, and we were each on our way home.

It really is simple to make a transaction a resounding success when there is clear communication of the product's condition, agreement on price, meeting on time, and both parties go home happy.

That said, I did have several other Armslist inquiries including this one:

"Hi, can my cousin show you his drivers license at the time of purchase without you making a copy of it or writing his name down?"

I have never copied or written down info from a license, but that conversation didn't get very far :nono1:

Last edited:

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the thread with oldest message at the bottom. I love his "ulterior motive and is hiding something" line!

M: No, I will not be selling you the gun.

H: Great! You will not make a copy or write anything down? We can work with an honest American like you.

M: No, but thank you for the interest.

H: Just asking a simple question that should be easy enough to answer unless one has an ulterior motive and is hiding something.

M: Why would that be an issue?

H: What was your answer?

Me: Why?

Him: Message regarding: Richly blued Smith & Wesson revolver from the Dr. C. J. Fuller Collection
Hi, can my cousin show you his drivers license at the time of purchase without you making a copy of it or writing his name down?

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure glad you got that beauty sold...it was tempting me in a bad way. Good luck with your other one!

Thank you! The buyer was really pleased at how clean and shiny the nickel 10-5 was and its really nice mechanical condition. Much prettier in real life and bright sunlight than any pics can capture. Same for the 10-5 blue, where the deep bluing looks so much nicer in the sunlight.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have had strange conversations such as this recently as well. Seems that there are more than a few "inquiring" folks trying to get their hands on a wonderful weapon without so much as a pleasantry or a common sense approach. The distaste/aggression in his writing to me is always a HUGE turn off as well. Glad you got the guns to an appreciative buyer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom