Since you can choose your gender now…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is it ok to claim another ethnic background for more benefits?

• Yes

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • No

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • Ethnicity doesn’t help

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

Lineman

5HCattle Co - Josh
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What about your ethnicity? Certain forms ask and one particular I’ve recently came across asks if you are part of a “group that has been discriminated against”.
Would it be fine if I claimed to be one of the discriminated?
Would my color matter if I did so?

I’m not asking as a joke or being racist. I’m asking seriously, if one can claim to be non-binary would it be wrong to claim another race to “get more”?

The reason I am asking is due to a application that is farming related, it is worded like there is more of a chance for persons of ethnic backgrounds to be accepted.
EF136E75-7C70-4C22-A94B-EA9528CDCEFD.png

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about your ethnicity? Certain forms ask and one particular I’ve recently came across asks if you are part of a “group that has been discriminated against”.
Would it be fine if I claimed to be one of the discriminated?
Would my color matter if I did so?

I’m not asking as a joke or being racist. I’m asking seriously, if one can claim to be non-binary would it be wrong to claim another race to “get more”?

The reason I am asking is due to a application that is farming related, it is worded like there is more of a chance for persons of ethnic backgrounds to be accepted.
So what you’re saying is the program is racist, and you are just trying to play their game.

In today’s world, you can pretend to be anything you want, so I’m going to leave it at that.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a buddy that just likes to stir the pot. On some job update form, for a place he had already been employed for years, he marked that he was Native American. They told him he could not indicate that, as he wasn’t “Indian.”.He said, “I never said I was indian. I am Native American. I was born here, raised here, lived here all my life.” He refused to change it.

Their corporate attorney got involved and long story short, the attorney said despite what the question and heritage was intended for, his rationalization was sound and they would likely lose in court if they pushed him to change it or terminated him for it. So…he is noted as Native American on their job records now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom