Single stacks still a worthwhile option?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Single stack carry guns still a worthwhile choice for carry?

• Total voters

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Nothing fits my hand better or can I ahoot better than a 1911. I don’t own one now but probably should. It’s easy to get caught up in capacity and caliber discussions. You should carry what you are confident and comfortable with. With my lifestyle and places I go a j frame or micro 9 are what I choose. It’s good that you are renting and trying out different pistols. You will know when you find the right one for you.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The average gunfight is 3 shots fired in 3 seconds over 3 yards. With that in mind I think a single stack with twice that number of rounds is probably plenty but I carry a spare mag just in case. That said carry what you are comfortable with.
And remember to be sure not get into a non average gunfight. Especially if it’s above the average.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
single stax are great. thin grips definitely make for a better feel imo. that being said, coffin mag designs are the best of both worlds. something like the lcp max, narrower than double stacked, but thicker than single. still get a good compromise on capacity.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
you can watch a LOT of self defense shooting videos, and it's rare for any of them to leave thinking "man, if ONLY they were carrying THIS gun instead of THAT gun".

having ANYTHING usually makes a FAR bigger difference than WHAT you have.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or you can carry a double stack with plenty of spare mags and a backup, just in case of zombie attack.

Yeah I laugh about the mentality that ya need 45 rnds ready for your Glock 19, and a j-frame in the boot, and a knife, and a flashlight, a tourniquet, etc etc… just to go to the grocery store

I don’t feel undergunned with my G-26 (10+1) and I rarely carry a spare mag. Spare mags stay in the vehicle most of the time. Especially when I’m out and about alone. I figure if 11 rnds doesn’t get it done, then it’s probably time to get the hell out of there and run. We’re not LEO’s because we carry.

Probably flawed logic based only on my opinions but hey to each their own

Latest posts

Top Bottom