Single stacks still a worthwhile option?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Single stack carry guns still a worthwhile choice for carry?

• Total voters

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
single stax are great. thin grips definitely make for a better feel imo. that being said, coffin mag designs are the best of both worlds. something like the lcp max, narrower than double stacked, but thicker than single. still get a good compromise on capacity.

I've gotten to the point I carry my LCP Max almost every day over other choices. It's a great option for me and it's one I'll carry rather than leave at home.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I laugh about the mentality that ya need 45 rnds ready for your Glock 19, and a j-frame in the boot, and a knife, and a flashlight, a tourniquet, etc etc… just to go to the grocery store

I don’t feel undergunned with my G-26 (10+1) and I rarely carry a spare mag. Spare mags stay in the vehicle most of the time. Especially when I’m out and about alone. I figure if 11 rnds doesn’t get it done, then it’s probably time to get the hell out of there and run. We’re not LEO’s because we carry.

Probably flawed logic based only on my opinions but hey to each their own
I agree. During warm weather I just carry a little Garcia 380 6+1 with 6 more in a spare mag. Cold weather I carry a 9mm 1911 9+1 with a spare 10 rd mag. I do not feel undergunned but if I am really expecting trouble I will carry a couple more mags.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Family. Enough said?

"Enough said"? No! If your family is that dangerous why on earth would you visit them? Are they in a Mexican jail or something? And if they are that dangerous and you must visit why take a handgun with a couple of mags. Take a rifle, man.

Holy s**t! I've never known anyone who needed to arm themselves to visit family and were "really expecting trouble" by doing so.

ETA: OK... I just saw your next post. So do you routinely need the gun to protect yourself from these people? I know we don't get to pick our family but we do get to pick if we visit them or not...especially if you feel like you're in that much danger.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Enough said"? No! If your family is that dangerous why on earth would you visit them? Are they in a Mexican jail or something? And if they are that dangerous and you must visit why take a handgun with a couple of mags. Take a rifle, man.

Holy s**t! I've never known anyone who needed to arm themselves to visit family and were "really expecting trouble" by doing so.

ETA: OK... I just saw your next post. So do you routinely need the gun to protect yourself from these people? I know we don't get to pick our family but we do get to pick if we visit them or not...especially if you feel like you're in that much danger.
I visit them about once every 10 years and they have no idea where I live. I learned that lesson when one of them "borrowed" a gun I owned and used it to hold up a store. Another one stole a few semi valuable coins I had.

Latest posts

Top Bottom