Sirius XM Left Radio Station

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I moved cubicles a couple of weeks ago and my cube walls might as well be made of window screen as far as sound barriers go. My cube neighbor is a diehard Democrat and listens to Sirius XM Left for at least 95% of the day Monday-Friday.

I don't care if someone is Democrat, I know not everybody thinks like I do, but have any of you ever listened to this channel? Most specifically, the Randi Rhodes Show?

I'm sure there's a Right Wing equivalent to this channel, so don't take this as a bash on Democrats, I'm only bashing the channel and I would probably bash the right-wing channel just the same, but I've never heard it (if it even exists). Anyway, this station is absolute garbage and the Randi Rhodes Show is the worst crap I've heard on it yet. Sure, it's a leftist station and I understand that there's a left vs right stance in politics, but this station isn't pro-Left at all, it's strictly anti-Right. For 2 weeks I've listened to this crap and not once do I hear a single reason why Democrats are right, all I hear are reasons why Republicans are wrong. Even when seeking out intelligent media, is this all you can find? It's immature, "not me!", finger-pointing rubbish. Especially during her show, I hear quotes from GOP candidates and then she'll play some phoney, clapping FM radio style sound clip in mockery. Just now she was playing quotes from Herman Cain while singing "do-do-doodoo-do" or whatever, basically singing to the tone of that circus music that plays when clowns juggle bowling pins, drowning out what he was saying. I'd bet if he were live on her station she wouldn't be mocking him in such fashion.

It's constantly "Republican morons, Republicans this, Republicans that, Tea Partiers, blah blah blah!" with this station. There's no intelligent "The Republicans have the right idea, but [insert bill/ideal here] isn't going to work and here's why..."

Like I said, I'm sure there's a Right-Wing station that operates in the same fashion and I think that's just as much crap as this station is. I don't know why political conversation has turned to "this is why you're wrong" instead of "this is why I'm right", but I think this is obviously creating a political civil war between The People and I fear inevitably that it's building the foundation for a true civil war. This is a scary way to handle our differences and I think it's a step backwards for society.

It's not like he turns the volume up to drown out the entire office with this crap, but the material dividing our cubicles serves as a worthless audio barrier, and he only has it turned up loud enough for him to hear it. Even though I can, I just chalk it up to me having super-sonic hearing rather than him needing to turn down his radio. I have my own to drown out the sound, but it's AM/FM only and gets crap reception in my office, so I rarely listen to it. But I'm beyond sick of listening to this crap.

Last edited:

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fill out a Form 913 (I think), save it for appraisal time.

I'm a contractor, I'm familiar with IT-related forms, but I have nothing to do with appraisals or even the influence of them, nor do I know what a Form 913 is. If it's a complaint form, it's not necessary. The guy isn't listening at a volume that's bothersome, despite it bothering me. I blame the cubical divider materials rather than the guy next to me or the volume he listens to his radio at.

is your cubicle neighbor's name JB books by any chance?

Ha, I had him in mind while writing this post out.

I'm just disgusted that political debate has come down to this mindless rubbish. It's everywhere. If you visit Amazon.com or Reddit/imgur, for example, you'll see that most of the users there seem to be liberal/leftists. Every political debate comes down to how Republicans are trying to screw up America but you never hear how Democrats are trying saving it. I know Dems aren't the only ones guilty of this, I see it happening with the righties, too, even here on OSA. If it were a race to build a house the quickest, it's the same as yanking bricks out of your opponents wall rather than stacking up bricks on yours. It's not that it puts your party ahead of the other, it just puts them behind while making neither side any closer to winning the race. It's not the same thing and this is not the way for all of us to move forward.

GForce89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
get a bunch of mp3's of Glenn Beckenstein and Bill O'Heil-ly and burn them on a disc to counter it. I would advise using a cheap cd player though as the sheer sound of combined hatred and stupidity from both sides might destroy said audio devices. You could also just pull an office space and smash it with a baseball bat. Whatever happened to objective news? You know like it's supposed to be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom