SIXTY EIGHT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
"The average price for a gallon of gas in 1950 was 18 cents with the price at the end of the decade being 25 cents so it was a bargain to buy gas for 24 cents ten years after 1959. The average cost of a new car was $1,510 in 1950 and by the end of the decade was $2,200."

https://nostalgia049.wordpress.com/2010/01/06/1950s-prices/

Wow! There were still folks alive in 1950 that fought in the Civil War even!!!! :Heya: Happy birthday DS

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you all for the kind words and ribbing. Looking forward to the elk hunt in 2019 and more fishing. Heart is still strong. I have a 2 day guided crappie trip coming up with a Jayhawker buddy and a up and coming crappie guide. We will be hitting some lakes in NE Okla. 2019 will bring an expansion of my business, annual float trip on a SE Okla river for smallmouth, sandbass run on Kiamichi River and probably getting to fish with a game warden friend. A friend recently retired from ODWC and we will crawl into our tubes and hit a few farm ponds too. My grandson is 7and wants to start fishing. The bluegill, bass, sandbass, crappie and bluecats had better watch out cause Maddox will be on the lose and looking to rip some lips. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom