Skeletonize EVERYTHING

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
0ed3e4d63beb123f82efbb5e32302548.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason Calascibetta

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hello Permanent
You seem to know about light builds.
I have not even built an AR-15 yet I wanted to build a lightweight one as my first build.I have read that might not be a great idea.
Well before I read that I bought a Balios Lite Gen 2 Receiver set and a Daniel Defense 16" lightweight 5.56 barrel, 1-7 twist.
I also have all the tools I need being Shipped as I type. Now after reading that I am afraid I may have bit off more than I can chew.
Just wondering if you can give me some pointers or if I should just build the rest of it regular. Or if that is even possible with the Balios Lite upper and Lower. Also now I’m reading about needing an adjustable BCG. To adjust the gas because of the light weight.
Please help me. : )
Thank you

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Hello Permanent
You seem to know about light builds.
I have not even built an AR-15 yet I wanted to build a lightweight one as my first build.I have read that might not be a great idea.
Well before I read that I bought a Balios Lite Gen 2 Receiver set and a Daniel Defense 16" lightweight 5.56 barrel, 1-7 twist.
I also have all the tools I need being Shipped as I type. Now after reading that I am afraid I may have bit off more than I can chew.
Just wondering if you can give me some pointers or if I should just build the rest of it regular. Or if that is even possible with the Balios Lite upper and Lower. Also now I’m reading about needing an adjustable BCG. To adjust the gas because of the light weight.
Please help me. : )
Thank you

First off, light is good. Trying an "extreme" light build for a first may not be the wisest, but just a lightweight will be nice. You have a great start to a great first AR15. You only *need* the adjustable gas block if you have a lightened bolt carrier / buffer system. You can use a standard bolt carrier group and buffer with that barrel just fine, then you can also use a standard style micro gas block.

There are a number of good stocks to use, my current favorite is the BattleLink MFT stock.

There are a whole crop of lightweight handguards out there. For a 13-15" you can find them in the 10-12oz range for the slim M-Lok/Keymod style rails.

Latest posts

Top Bottom