Skin cancer.......get yourself checked yearly.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see the dermatologist twice each year. Have had a few nasty things removed but nothing like the facial surgery others here have had. Bless your hearts. I do wear sunscreen. I don't like too but i do. In the 70s nobody knew the sun was bad. I built houses then and my blond/red hair & blue eyes were totally odd when you saw my skin blacked by the sun.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see the VA dermatologist twice a year for some skin issues but never had any skin cancer develop. Lucky I guess as I get nut brown in the summer. Hate sunscreen. Makes me feel all clammy and hot.
Recently read there was a recall on sunscreens due to a cancer causing ingredient. Me either only my nuts don't get browned..

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My bi-yearly appt is this month. My great grandma only had half a nose and mom tells me that my great grandpa had a big open wound on his head. My brother had melanoma removed at 19. Mom had a skin graft on her nose about 5 years ago. I had the Mohs procedure on the area between my eye and nose. Not good stuff at all. Even if you don’t have a history, go get yourself checked for piece of mind. BTW, @fatcpa, dang dude, stay on top of that and give cancer the bird!

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I gotta go in for a Mohes procedure due to basal cell on my face. They’ve done studies and Agent Orange Is an apparent factor in skin cancer but the VA won’t recognize that in the next fifty years.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still a little puffy and tender but I've got a 'L' shaped incision on my lip now with right at 20 small stitches in it..........the stitches come out 0830 tomorrow morning and the doc assured me last week after the surgery that I'll still be real purty after I get all healed up. :)

@John6185 I stand to be corrected but I believe that the VA now recognizes some forms of skin cancer as being related to Agent Orange but not basal cells because they are mostly related to sun exposure.

Good luck with your surgery.

Last edited:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an appointment to get the 2 irritating ones off my forehead in September. I don't wear a ball cap very often but it ain't easy wearing one when I do.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck with your surgery. Thanks! I guess those Army types in RVN only went out at night to avoid the sun-eh?

Latest posts

Top Bottom