Skipped the smokin' (meat, that is)... tried something new.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very cool... kinda steep, but cheaper than a whole sous vide cooker. I envision an industrial deep-fryer type machine with 4 separated compartments you can keep all at different temperatures. :D

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We don't do sous vide very often, but when we do it's in the crockpot, hooked up to a cheap digital temperature controller from Amazon ($15) in a project box with an outlet on top. I know it doesn't circulate the water for ultimate temperature consistency, but it gets the job done! Haven't done that in a while, I need to pull that out and pick up some ribeyes!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We don't do sous vide very often, but when we do it's in the crockpot, hooked up to a cheap digital temperature controller from Amazon ($15) in a project box with an outlet on top. I know it doesn't circulate the water for ultimate temperature consistency, but it gets the job done! Haven't done that in a while, I need to pull that out and pick up some ribeyes!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
You just jogged my memory. I have a temp controller in the shop that can control down to a degree or less. I use a turkey cooker at the moment.
This might be the ticket.

Latest posts

Top Bottom