Skokie cop could have arrested teen who kept sneaking into gym. Instead, he bought him a membership

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes when one goes into a store and a customer is trying to buy something and we can tell that they just don't have the money or can't afford whatever they are looking at, it's a good thing if we who are more fortunate would pay for the item for them. I remember once when I was in line at a grocery store with a watermelon that an elderly lady asked me how much it cost and I told her and she went not o buy whatever she had on the counter. I should have told her "Take this one, I'll pay for it." But I didn't and it's haunted me from time to time since.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
That's a good story but...

I think it should have ended with the sport facility offering him a part time job of some type so he could work to pay for the membership.

That would have taught the teen the right way to get what he wants.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes when one goes into a store and a customer is trying to buy something and we can tell that they just don't have the money or can't afford whatever they are looking at, it's a good thing if we who are more fortunate would pay for the item for them. I remember once when I was in line at a grocery store with a watermelon that an elderly lady asked me how much it cost and I told her and she went not o buy whatever she had on the counter. I should have told her "Take this one, I'll pay for it." But I didn't and it's haunted me from time to time since.

Nice. My wife and I have done just that, or filled someone’s gas tank on occasion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom