SKS Projects?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread won't be for a purist. I'm bored and cleaning out my safe. I found a Norinco SKS I bought from a member here years ago. I'm wondering if any of ya'll have ever done a furniture change, bullpup conversion or just done a few things to make an old commie rifle a bit better.
32042.jpeg

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I made my own recoil pad/extension from a Mossberg 500 recoil pad. Also added a muzzle break/flash hider. Makes the SKS an absolute pleasure to shoot.
(The scope was a mistake since mounting it on the dust cover made it impossible to zero properly.)
The cheese grater hand guard was just for looks.

This is also NOT the original number matching stock.
https://www.okshooters.com/threads/custom-sks-stock-extention-w-recoil-pad.221071/
1632781649095.png

Last edited:

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I made my own recoil pad/extension from a Mossberg 500 recoil pad. Also added a muzzle break/flash hider. Makes the SKS an absolute pleasure to shoot.
(The scope was a mistake since mounting it on the dust cover made it impossible to zero properly.)
The cheese grater hand guard was just for looks.

This is also NOT the original number matching stock.
https://www.okshooters.com/threads/custom-sks-stock-extention-w-recoil-pad.221071/
View attachment 225063
Very interesting, I'm sure it is more comfortable being a bit longer. Thanks.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
"Better" is open to interpretation.... That rifle is just fine as is, in my opinion which does not matter, because it ain't mine!! :cool:
Having said that if it is not collectable make it your own!! That is half the fun of owning weapons!!

wolf_walker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That there was my first milsurp rifle, a 58 Romanian from a gun show in the 90's for like, a hundred bucks or something silly(and reasonable). I did the usual stuff, Chaote stock, tapco jazz, duckbill mags, crappy top cover scope, etc, etc. Eventually put it back stock, sold it to a buddy ages ago when it was worthless and wish I had not. Other than the LOP being a little short for american gorilla arms they were damn good as they were made really. A normal pattern synthetic stock wouldn't hurt, with a longer LOP.

Latest posts

Top Bottom