Sleeping bags 4 camping?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I once called a recruiter about a job overseas. He informed me I would be staying in a mancamp. I replied I wasn't particularly partial to the words Man or Camp much less together. Fishing for some acommodations I told him I was more of a Hookers and Hotel kind of guy.

I didn't get the job. Ha. :7(

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
well i got the hardest part out of the way and found a really cool tent i like, i think you guys are right though. i started looking and they have what they call jungle sleeping bags, i might just get one of those for the warmer months and one of these other fancy ones with a bunch of different layers for when it starts to get colder.

by the way if anybodys looking for a decent cheap tent, this fit the bill for me. smaller easy to throw together tent that was camouflage that could double as a makeshift hunting blind - https://www.amazon.com/Texsport-01113-Hide-Camouflage-Hexagon/dp/B000ITX474

91V7KIlStbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

it says it fits 3 people but thats a stretch, 2 adults yeah. maybe 3 people if using it just as a hunting blind.
i was thinking about getting some of that leaf camoflauge netting to go along with it to throw over it maybe down the road. i think it would fair quite well in the rain also unless it was a heavy thunder / rainstorm, might wanna have a additional tarp for the roof then.
Nice. It looks like you can even poop in it.
51IaxWDXY6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When it comes to tents spend a few more dollars and get a quality one. When it starts raining you will thank me. Also seal the seams before you go. Always best to practice setting it up in the backyard a few times. Setting it up in the dark, wind and rain for the first time really sucks. Also when they say you can sleep X amount of people subtract at least one person to account for gear that you don't want to be out in the elements. You don't want waterproofing all the way up the sides (condensation) get one that has a fly that goes all the way to the ground.
Camping Equipment & Supplies | Eureka! (eurekacamping.com)

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yeppers...

...wife and I just gave away our "family tent" and air mattresses yesterday. We used them back in 2016 when we chose to camp in Oregon state parks instead of paying for hotels/motels. The whole cost of the tent was about what one night would have been in a hotel/motel.

That said, we've decided that for future excursions and vacations, we will probably do the VRBO option. We did those on our November trip to Utah and Arizona. The VRBO "can be" somewhat expensive, but in all cases we've experienced, one has a fully equipped kitchen where one can do their meals instead of eating out. Even the really nice hotels don't have "fully" equipped kitchens. They generally lack a conventional oven.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMAG0299.jpg
Tents. Go big or go home.
Added pic. 10x16 Browning all season. Propane heater. Camping at 10,000 ft, the mornings get a bit frosty. Doubling up this year. The Buddy heater along with a 20v Dewalt forced air propane heater, 20# tank. Roughing it has minimums.

Last edited:

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've tried some of the big tents back in the day. One I ended up with for the past 20 years is a 10 X 8 Cabelas Quad Pole. It stood up to 70 mph California chinook winds and up to 10" of early September snow 9200' in the Sierra Nevadas. It was the perfect (for me) tent! Sadly, they discontinued it some time ago. Passed it to my nephew last month.

OIP.zCOKA30tz2CS2UVrC-YezgAAAA

File photo

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom