Slide machined for RMR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He's done lots. When I was in his shop he had dozens of slides he was working on and you can see his facebook page (MKP Arms) where he's got lots of pictures of slides he's done.

Yes he does have to mill it for a particular RMR as they all have different footprints and bolt patterns. A Burris FastFire and a Vortex Venom have the same footprint, but pretty much everything else is specific to one RMR. Glock MOS and other pistols use adapter plates to accommodate this but can create some slop in the fit.

Here's my Sig P320 he milled for me:

i578.photobucket.com_albums_ss223_amcardon_Mobile_20Uploads_20170201_080705_zpshfgbvdbz.jpg
i578.photobucket.com_albums_ss223_amcardon_Mobile_20Uploads_20170201_080812_zpsmzjbllv8.jpg
i578.photobucket.com_albums_ss223_amcardon_Mobile_20Uploads_20170202_111348_zpsupc7eiom.jpg
i578.photobucket.com_albums_ss223_amcardon_Mobile_20Uploads_20170202_111454_zpsmalwwhln.jpg

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the feel of the Vortex much better, both have a 3MOA dot. You don't have to do anything other than pull your barrel and recoil spring, anything else he will take care of.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sent email. Going to try and drop it off in a week or so if he's got the time. If not, I'll drop it by on the way too or from the next ENS.
Thanks for the heads up. Is that raw steel under the sight? If so, what about rust?

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd suggest mailing to him and picking it up when it's done.

Yes, raw steel (stainless). You can have it refinished, but if it's a stainless slide you'll need to cerakote/durakote the area.
MKP doesn't do any coatings (but he can get aluminum parts anodized quickly) and refers out to Go Loud Kustoms (who also does a fantastic job, is located out of Newcastle).

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd suggest mailing to him and picking it up when it's done.

Yes, raw steel (stainless). You can have it refinished, but if it's a stainless slide you'll need to cerakote/durakote the area.
MKP doesn't do any coatings (but he can get aluminum parts anodized quickly) and refers out to Go Loud Kustoms (who also does a fantastic job, is located out of Newcastle).
The slide is made with tenifer for hardness. Just not sure if it rust easy when raw after milling. What do you think?

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Steven's been doing this long enough that he'll be able to let you know if it will need to be coated afterward or not, I honestly have no clue. I'd give him a call/send him an email. He's a straight shooter, he won't suggest something that's unnecessary.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ended up using MKP Arms in Minco, did an awesome job, he's also finishing 2 80% lowers I had as well as getting ready to mill 3 more slides for me.

Thanks for the recommendations!
I called them yesterday and left a message on their phone. No call back yet. Wanted to know when He could get to my Glock and when I could drop it by.
Hope to hear back soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom