Sling recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to get a sling for the AR I posted in my other thread - my first AR- but have no clue on quality, cost, etc. I want be doing any matches or joining a militia to guard our border with Mexico or anything like that and I know there are different types like single , double, bungee and so on. What type do y'all have for carrying it out in the woods fatigue wise and getting into the shooting position smoothly and relatively fast and the sling connections too.

Last edited:

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
go with a cinchable 2pt. no one needs a 1pt, unless you know you need a 1pt.
either what GTG said, or a vtac. If you want something even simpler and lighter, and dont need to quick sling, the proctor sling is awesome.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went with the Blue Force Gear Vickers padded 2 point sling. Thanks to all for your input

Can't go wrong with Vickers. I've had a Vickers Combat since they first came out. My wife & kiddos bought me another for my 590A1 this Father's day : ) I've had many ARs but that sling stays with me. Absolutely love it!

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with Vickers. I've had a Vickers Combat since they first came out. My wife & kiddos bought me another for my 590A1 this Father's day : ) I've had many ARs but that sling stays with me. Absolutely love it!
I'm really liking it. My other one has the Magpul on it and I really am thinking about changing that one too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom