Slot car racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
So my neighbor has been into it since the 60s, and he invited me to go to the slot car track with him yesterday. I had never even seen a slot car before, and decided to go. Man, that’s some pretty cool stuff. Tons of fun. Did some drag racing and some around the track stuff. I remember as a kid driving past the track in del city and wanting to go, never was able to. I don’t really have any pics other than my best drag time, which was the scale equivalent of running a 9.73 on the quarter.
8D86EABA-ED5B-4C21-A2B6-83DE46EA19BD.jpeg

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do remember my first slot car was a $4.95 Revell (?) kit from TG&Y,,,
It took me a few months to save enough cash to buy a Kentron (?) Sidewinder kit.

The track I went to was just south of Moore on Shields avenue,,,
The stations had coin operated meters,,,
25 cents got you 25 minutes.

Mom and Pop thought it was a waste of time and money,,,
They didn't realize that activity was what kept me out of trouble.

But man oh man did I put every penny of my allowance into them,,,
A buck-fifty a week didn't get me much track time,,,
Even in the mid 60's.

Adults ruined the play for us kids,,,
When they discovered the track and hobby,,,
We kids couldn't get any track time cause they monopolized the lanes.

When my parents finally made me quit the slot car hobby thing,,,
That's when I had idle time to go out and get into trouble.

Aarond

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So my neighbor has been into it since the 60s, and he invited me to go to the slot car track with him yesterday. I had never even seen a slot car before, and decided to go. Man, that’s some pretty cool stuff. Tons of fun. Did some drag racing and some around the track stuff. I remember as a kid driving past the track in del city and wanting to go, never was able to. I don’t really have any pics other than my best drag time, which was the scale equivalent of running a 9.73 on the quarter. View attachment 308352
Yea i remember the Magnatraction cars i had as a kid loved my slot car tracks even though they were store bought kinda cheapo's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom