Slugs, buckshot or birdshot. Which do you choose?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ultimately, within a room, any shell in a shotgun is going to ruin a persons day. However buckshot is a destructive beauty, slugs…(why not just use a rifle then?) and birdshot, Id use turkey shot or goose/duck loads in a house if its all I had. No matter what a defensive shooting in close quarters or at distance is the same, shoot target, repeat until desired effect on target is achieved.
Show me a rifle that throws 1 ounce of lead. That’s why.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
It will if you open up the shell and melt in a crayon. Green would be a great color, imagine the look on the docs face diggin that mess out.
A crayon can’t hold up to the pressure of a 4 year old coloring, you really think that it will magically hold together when being shot out of a firearm via explosion, hold its shape while flying at 900-1400fps, and impact a target with any sort of effectiveness?

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A crayon can’t hold up to the pressure of a 4 year old coloring, you really think that it will magically hold together when being shot out of a firearm via explosion, hold its shape while flying at 900-1400fps, and impact a target with any sort of effectiveness?
Similar to a “cut shell” yes.
Both are dangerous and should not be attempted of course.
Edit to add after a little searching

https://www.amazon.com/Cut-Shells-Wax-Slugs-Improvised-ebook/dp/B00UZP7SHI

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One that you would run in a home defense rifle, smarty pants.
I think any rifle throwing a 450 plus grain slug checks that box.
But, let’s see, wild guess this time.
What’s that rifle Ronnie makes chambered in that old ww1 anti aircraft round......I bet they have a couple of those (with mufflers) guarding slo joes house.
I can be dun with it if you are.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom