Small Window of Opportunity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Refugee

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The October 3-7 hunt should be good, because the new moon is on the 6th. As has been said, by all means freshen your corn piles before hunting, and if the deer are coming to the pile, absolutely DO NOT let it run out in the few days before you intend to hunt.

As far as “attractants“, that crap only really works on hunting shows with penned deer. I consult with some guys on a lease here in TX, and they have been buying every “attractant” and supplement WMart and Academy sells and are shocked when the deer never touch any of it. I hear “but it worked on XYZ show on the hunting channel!“ :anyone:

Another piece of advice I will offer is absolutely do not make a bunch of changes to the area in the days leading up to the hunt. Deer are creatures of habit.
Thanks!

Refugee

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I know your new to white tails, but don't waste your money on scent covers. They don't work.
Use the wind to your advantage. Build stands to take advantage of different wind directions on the same trails. One stand on the north side and one of the south or in-between. I have areas that only get hunted a few times a year because the wind isn't right. The 1/4 mile walk in would have my scent covering the 22 acres and can assure you, zero deer will appear even when the feeder goes off.
You can thank your wallet later.
I have two setups for a change in wind direction. My walk in can be adjusted as well. I'm already mapping it out for when move next year. Can't wait to be there permanently!

Latest posts

Top Bottom