Smart Car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the funniest things I ever saw while driving was during one of the big snow storms a few years ago. I was using my 4x4 pickup to ferry my wife to work and ran across a Smart car stuck in the snow buildup at an intersection. Nobody around, driver must have got out and walked. Thought to myself who in heck would be stupid enough to think they would be able to get anywhere that day with a car that had 13 inch wheels.

I wouldn't own one, too many better choices for a high mpg commuter car.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tires are special and you can't just walk in and buy one.
A friend had one blew a tire going to work.
At the time only one place in Tulsa area to get tires and they were out.
Car doesn't have a spare.
Had to have it towed to dealer to wait on tire
1626986970550.png

I mean.... couldn't you just pull one off of one of these?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Car doesn't have a spare.
That is just stupid.....
It's not just Smart Cars that don't have spares these days--some rather expensive cars have traded spares for some other usage of the space. They get a can of Fix-a-Flat and a 12V inflator to save space and weight.

Having had a few sidewalls cut by road debris (and a few other flats that a can of goo couldn't fix), I agree that it's unbelievably stupid.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have two of the Fiat 500s . If I don't drive like I usually do , I can get 41 mpg on the highway. My wife just got hers and hasn't driven it much . Mine has 55,000 miles on it and has been very dependable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom