Smart Car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of the full-time RV'ers that pull a fifth wheel with a full sized semi-truck buy the Smart Cars and have their truck rigged up to load the Smart behind the cab of the truck from the side.

Funny part was that they claimed that they went with the full sized semi-truck because it was safer. I asked them if that way the case, why would they drive around a city in a dinky vehicle that would really be damaged in a wreck. They tried to tell me that "studies showed the Smart Car to be one of the safest cars on the road."

I asked them if they had ever seen one that had been in an accident...

Images of Smart Cars After Accident

Mack45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1627003670104.jpeg

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of the newer cars don't have spares these days, they have a small compressor and a can of "sealer" one puts in the tire to seal it and then you have to air up the tire with the compressor. It's a bad deal, the sealer and compressor cost nearly as much as a new tire. And if you travel at night and have a blowout or flat you or your wife is in trouble. I thought the donut spares were bad but this takes the industry to a new low. And it makes the car more fuel efficient...

Spare Tires in New Cars: What You Need to Know | Edmunds

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I asked them if they had ever seen one that had been in an accident...
I saw pictures of what happened to the driver of a Smart Car that had been in a collision with (IIRC) a semi. The first shots, from the rear, don't look so bad, but then they move around to the front.

DRT doesn't begin to cover it. It looked like the pictures from the driver's ed "scare the hell out of pimple-faced teens before they get behind the wheel" movie.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't care if my gas guzzler gets 4mpg, and believe me I had one that did, I'am not getting into one of those things for nothing. Dumb Car is what it looks like to me.
Wish I still had that 4 mpg gas guzzler, it never put me walking and would go or pull damn near anything. Put a loaded 32ft cattle trailer behind it or nothing it was still 4mpg.

Last edited:

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't care if my gas guzzler gets 4mpg, and believe me I had one that did, I'am not getting into one of those things for nothing. Dumb Car is what it looks like to me.
Wish I still had that 4 mpg gas guzzler, it never put me walking and would go or pull damn near anything. Put a loaded 32ft cattle trailer behind it or nothing it was still 4mpg.
My 70 Ford Camper Special pickup was like that, got 8 mpg camper on or off, up hill, down hill, pulling boat, didn't matter 8mpg.

Latest posts

Top Bottom