Smart Guy Challenge: for Smart Guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m waiting on delivery and then I will send it to you absolutely FREE OF CHARGE. Just pay a small shipping and handling fee to cover costs.

(Jk on s/h. Is joke. Har.)

You’ll need to PM me with your mailing address in order to receive your free prize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't open it when you get it if it's in a paper bag and on fire!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Answer to my #2 question:

Hog Scraper.

Kill the hog........boil it.............scrap the hair off the skin.

Hog_08.jpg
Welding shops use a tool similar to knock the slag off the bottom of a steel plate after a oxy fuel torch or plasma makes a cut. I knew it was a scraper, but didn't put it with processing a pig. Good one!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IIRC, the one-barrels on Ford 6-bangers were often Rochesters.

But I won't guarantee that... :D
Yep, some side draft, some vertical draft. My 55 got changed out to a Holly. Had the single exhaust with the bypass running around the front of the engine to connect to the other exhaust header. I found that 312 CI Y blocks had bigger ports and were turned where both exhausted out the back so duals with Walker Continental glass packs could be installed. The single point distributor was weak, and found that the 312 Police Interceptor were dual point, but were too tall. Had to grind off the bottom of the distributor shaft where it tied into the oil pump with a hex shaft to make it seat right. All my vehicles when a kid were pretty much assembled from junk yard parts.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear ya. Often wished I could afford a dual-point setup when I had my '65 Galaxie (352ci, bored .080, with a 650 AFB my brother gave me), but at that time I was doing good to afford gas...
:drunk2:
I was lucky. My high school buddy's dad owned a salvage yard so I pretty much had free range to try parts and see if they worked or not and take them back if they didn't to swap for something else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom