Smell of a deal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just so everyone knows ( I wasn’t aware) I got my return label for UPS and took it to a UPS store. Apparently you can’t drop ammo off at the ups store or in their drop boxes only a customer service center which in Okc is down near the fairgrounds….

Like I said yesterday mistakes happen, but this is just pissing me off more and more now that I have to drive all the way there vs the ups store right by my house. Like others said, seems more and more like they are hoping even a small percent of people don’t go through the hassle and then boom they sold a bunch of ammo at 2.68 a round.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Just so everyone knows ( I wasn’t aware) I got my return label for UPS and took it to a UPS store. Apparently you can’t drop ammo off at the ups store or in their drop boxes only a customer service center which in Okc is down near the fairgrounds….

Like I said yesterday mistakes happen, but this is just pissing me off more and more now that I have to drive all the way there vs the ups store right by my house. Like others said, seems more and more like they are hoping even a small percent of people don’t go through the hassle and then boom they sold a bunch of ammo at 2.68 a round.
yeeeeeeep. i would bet the farm that's the idea.

>hey did you know our marketing team has done extensive research and they've found that a significant number of buyers won't bother to return items if they are incorrectly purchased or delivered incorrectly?

this is a phenomenon being exploited by several online retailers. get the money first, then sure you'll have to give some of it back, but you'll come out ahead.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we don't know how much expense they are losing by sending the product back given that everyone just ordered some that otherwise wouldn't have. Like i said, if a massive bill was due or they needed to make a large purchase, they could have easily done so with everyone's money they had for a few days.

AND

none of the added cost would have been necessary if they would have just notified the buyer that the website was wrong. I have had this happen countless times, i even posted an email i got from a company that did that just a few weeks ago. basically said "sorry, the website was wrong. we won't ship your order incomplete, we CAN, but we won't until you tell us what you want to do".

i'm sure this could have been idiots on idiots but like i said if they made a large purchase or paid a large bill i would bet the farm they did this on purpose. proving things in court is dumb, i get it.

but this seems......very intentional. even if 1/10th of the people don't get pissed enough to send it back....you just made sales that otherwise you wouldn't have made.....

you know not EVERYONE is going to send it back. is it fraud if i make 1,000 sales based off an incorrect ad, ship out what i consider to be the "correct" order, and 100 people decide to just keep it? how many times can i run that scheme before it becomes fraud?
You're pissed off. I get it. Bass Pro did a similar thing a couple of years ago, a half dozen of us bought into it, and their initial response was anywhere from good to terrible. Some members here called and were told, we screwed up, keep the order, and we'll refund your payment. I tried to cancel my order before it was filled, was unable to do so, a couple of emails were ignored for a couple of days until after the order was shipped, and I told them I knew people who got a refund and kept the order and they said they couldn't do that. I eventually filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in the city their headquarters is in, and they emailed me and said they were issuing a refund and I could keep the order.

"how many times can i run that scheme before it becomes fraud?"

How many times do you know of that they've run it? Are you aware of more than one? I seriously doubt that in the 2-3 days all this unfolded that they had time to do very much with any money, most of the purchases were probably with credit cards and they never saw a dime from it. Again, if it was a scam it was the dumbest scam in history, they would have been much better off just borrowing money for less than the cost of two way shipping on who knows how many orders. BTW, it doesn't really matter if everyone doesn't send it back, if they OFFER to let everyone send it back, and every customer decides to keep the order, then by the customers choice they were not damaged. (But they are still entitled to be annoyed)

But to answer the question, it's fraud when a court rules that it's fraud. Regardless of what they may or may not have done with any money, it does not appear to rise to the definition of fraud. You can call it fraud if you want, but it does not appear to be fraud when you take the emotion out.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If this is true about not being able to drop the ammo off at a UPS store (which I’m not doubting), that’s going to really piss me off. I think the nearest UPS facility is an hour away. At some point, it’s going to be a wash financially to send it back. :censored:

I guess the ORM sticker could accidentally fall off…

Last edited:

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If this is true about not being able to drop the ammo off at a UPS store (which I’m not doubting), that’s going to really piss me off. I think the nearest UPS facility is an hour away. At some point, it’s going to be a wash financially to send it back. :censored:

I guess the ORM sticker could accidentally fall off…
Ya I thought they were just being jerks but went online and confirmed their website says they can’t accept it anywhere other than those main centers

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya I thought they were just being jerks but went online and confirmed their website says they can’t accept it anywhere other than those main centers
Yeah, these are the people I REALLY feel bad for... those who have significant inconvenience or expense in returning it.

I already mentioned the Better Business Bureau. You might could file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission as well.

I don't think I've ever ordered anything from Bud's, but I likely won't after this. It could just be a mistake, but they haven't handled it well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom