Smith and Wesson Rebate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I got an email yesterday saying rebates submitted in April will be processed no later than July 7, 2017.
Does this tell me that my paper work has been sitting in limbo since the time they received it (04-28-2017)?
This is the second time I have been involved with a S&W program, the first when they offered 22 ammo with the purchase of one of their pistols, which took forever to get.
I know they were over run with rebate forms but did they not plan for this!

Has anyone received their rebate?

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its unlikely they hired additional staff. Its always a pain to wait for a rebate no matter who is offering it. 2 months doesn't seem too bad, I have experienced worse

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would be so simple to create an online submission system for rebates. The entire process would be automated, and would take less than a week to complete. Handling them manually is a giant waste of time and resources.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would be so simple to create an online submission system for rebates. The entire process would be automated, and would take less than a week to complete. Handling them manually is a giant waste of time and resources.

But it does allow a company to advertise a product, increase their sales based on the promotion, pocket the money and hold onto it, invest it or use it as capital for whatever reason for a few months or longer before paying out.

I've always felt rebates and such are just creative ways for companies to get interest-free short-term loans, personally. If your product is worth less, then sell it for less, don't refund money later. I don't usually bite on such things.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But it does allow a company to advertise a product, increase their sales based on the promotion, pocket the money and hold onto it, invest it or use it as capital for whatever reason for a few months or longer before paying out.

I've always felt rebates and such are just creative ways for companies to get interest-free short-term loans, personally. If your product is worth less, then sell it for less, don't refund money later. I don't usually bite on such things.
Of course. It's the main reason I haven't bitten this one yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom