Smith & Wesson 360PD (.357mag)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one. It’s small, lightweight and easy to carry. When you get it, shoot a full box of 50 factory .357 magnums through it and come back and tell us what you think.
I don't know anyone that would shoot 50 rds. in a lightweight .357mag. Some gun writers stated these guns kick more than a .44 mag in any size revolver. I know my Ruger LCR .357 mag. is a beast. Like they say practice with .38 spl. carry .357 mag.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know anyone that would shoot 50 rds. in a lightweight .357mag. Some gun writers stated these guns kick more than a .44 mag in any size revolver. I know my Ruger LCR .357 mag. is a beast. Like they say practice with .38 spl. carry .357 mag.

I did when I first got mine. I had a box of Federal 125 grain JHP that has been collecting dust, which reminds me that there is a note on the barrel lug to NOT use rounds with less than a 120 grain bullet. I have to say I’m curious why? HUGE fireball and sharp recoil. I was still feeling it three days later.

upload_2021-4-23_19-8-15.jpeg

Last edited:

JBHusted

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Less than 120 grain have a chance of the recoil pulling the projectile forward on the remaining rounds, this jamming the cylinder. That's how sharp the recoil is...

I've got one that I use as a drop-in-the-pocket-and-go gun. But I'd have to be in really serious trouble before I'd pull the trigger, because it just hurts to shoot.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Snub revolvers can be quite accurate at distance with those willing to put for the effort. They aren’t limited to close up work like the mythology would have you believe. I think that 357 Mag out of a 2” barrel really isn’t worth the squeeze, I’d much rather shoot 38 Spl 148gr wadcutters and those Hornady 110gr Critical Defense rounds out of my short barrel J-frames.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I did when I first got mine. I had a box of Federal 125 grain JHP that has been collecting dust, which reminds me that there is a note on the barrel lug to NOT use rounds with less than a 120 grain bullet. I have to say I’m curious why? HUGE fireball and sharp recoil. I was still feeling it three days later.

View attachment 202709
Bullets will jump the crimp of so I’m told.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 202709
I've only shot Remington 158 gr. factory loads in my LCR. I carry Speer Gold Dots in it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom