Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 quick review.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It looks like I just breathed life into a month-long dormant thread. Sometimes I feel like this place makes you walk on eggshells even more than the blue-hairs do on campuses. You have now made the thread less helpful to anyone scrolling through it. Thanks for your contributions.

What I offered was friendly advice that you appear unwilling to accept so I am done.
As for making the thread less helpful, I disagree. Now anyone scrolling through will know not to repeat the same faux pas.

brazzy3

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Must work cause I see you at least took out the full fledged classified ad you had in this thread.
I'm afraid that was an admin that felt anyone interested should have to go searching instead of have the info readily available in this thread. I suppose that was supposed to be doing everyone a favor.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m a little more of a non semiautomatic when teaching someone depending on age. Let my kids use an old single shot or my Henry lever.

First shotgun I brought them were Remington pumps. I wanted to have to think before the next shot. Too many people want to spray and prey knowing they have a bunch of shots. As with anything practice makes perfect and I’m sure you’ll want to start them outright

I wish I’d attended something like Appleseed to get a little training so I didn’t have to undo my so called style.

I’d sure check if the child is left or right dominance.

I shot right handed until my 30s, took a red rider out in the backyard and mounted and shot bees off clover until it felt natural. Shooting a box of shells hunting was no big deal but once I began trap, skeet, and sporting clays 200 rounds gave me a fat lip😀

Now I shot mainly left unless I get tried. Im am a much better shot as a lefty and I was surprised that my perceived lead was almost double when shooting right handed.

Of course the first few times just shoot and have fun

My .02 cents
I totally hear ya. I agree 100%. when it comes to mastering the skills of shooting, semi automatic stuff can be a hindrance

Im just saying that at the end of the day, enticing the youth to be interested in shooting sports, “tacticool“ stuff definitely draws them in.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm afraid that was an admin that felt anyone interested should have to go searching instead of have the info readily available in this thread. I suppose that was supposed to be doing everyone a favor.
Look bro you’re new here and you don’t post much. I am new as well. I get the feeling people on here do not like folks that are just looking to sell stuff and make a dollar.

Honestly I have not looked back through the thread and seen what caused the little bit of drama. But I hope you enjoy sticking around for lots of discussion and not just selling stuff

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It looks like I just breathed life into a month-long dormant thread. Sometimes I feel like this place makes you walk on eggshells even more than the blue-hairs do on campuses. You have now made the thread less helpful to anyone scrolling through it. Thanks for your contributions.
What's wrong with blue hairs? You racist? :laugh6:

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Still enjoying this rifle. Had my niece and her fiancé come up yesterday so he could shoot his brand new POF ar style rifle. I decided to take my M&P 15-22 down tot he range with us just for fun.
The rifle is still a blast to bang away with but I had a problem with one of the magazines.
I don't really blame the magazine for this though.
We kind of got a late start hitting the range. seems youngsters today don't quite grasp the concepts of "early" and "morning" so we didn't get started till 11:45am. My bench was in full sun by that time.
I had loaded a mag for the .22 and laid it down on the bench for maybe 10-15 minutes.
It got hot enough in the sun to warp. I think the next mags I buy for this will be the flat dark earth color, maybe they'll be a little more tolerant of Oklahoma summer heat.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still enjoying this rifle. Had my niece and her fiancé come up yesterday so he could shoot his brand new POF ar style rifle. I decided to take my M&P 15-22 down tot he range with us just for fun.
The rifle is still a blast to bang away with but I had a problem with one of the magazines.
I don't really blame the magazine for this though.
We kind of got a late start hitting the range. seems youngsters today don't quite grasp the concepts of "early" and "morning" so we didn't get started till 11:45am. My bench was in full sun by that time.
I had loaded a mag for the .22 and laid it down on the bench for maybe 10-15 minutes.
It got hot enough in the sun to warp. I think the next mags I buy for this will be the flat dark earth color, maybe they'll be a little more tolerant of Oklahoma summer heat.
🤣🤣 at your youngster humor. 2 most used here are the 15-22 and the TX-22.
Money well spent for trouble free fun. See if you can find some mil surp mag pouches to hold the mags and provide them shade . Most of them were made for AK, but they work fabulous for most .

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Example of, 4 mags, extra box of 50 and a cleaning kit.

Attachments

• 20220724_154558.jpg
    20220724_154558.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom