Smith & Wesson Model 15-8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only bad thing about the K frames, is the sights. Fixed or adj, you almost always gotta get your wife or daughter's toenail polish and paint that front sight. Because a black on black sight picture sucks!

I hated the black on black that came on my N frame. I was so grateful that swapping the front sight was easy. The tritium/fiber combined with adjustable rear is a dream.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 686 CS-1 RB 4" in black nitride. Hands down one of my favorites. Detent lock on the yoke, Millett target sight.
IMG_5919.JPG

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my S&W 15-8 in close to original condition with very few rounds through it.
I know the history back to day 1 .. this sweetie was given to me. I've got the catalog page it was ordered from. now where did I put it?

DSC06045.jpg

DSC06044.jpg

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my S&W 15-8 in close to original condition with very few rounds through it.
I know the history back to day 1 .. this sweetie was given to me. I've got the catalog page it was ordered from. now where did I put it?

DSC06045.jpg

DSC06044.jpg

That's a nice Combat Masterpiece. I'm thinking it's a bit older than the -8, by several decades.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's a nice Combat Masterpiece. I'm thinking it's a bit older than the -8, by several decades.

when cylinder is swung opened, it's marked with 15-8
now if I can find the original catalog page, 15-8 was ordered from that will have date.

I've got the original leather holster too .. can't find that either :D

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
when cylinder is swung opened, it's marked with 15-8
now if I can find the original catalog page, 15-8 was ordered from that will have date.

I've got the original leather holster too .. can't find that either :D

Interesting. It looks a lot more like a 15-3 than a 15-8.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
went back and rechecked to take a pic. I stand corrected the 3 looked like an 8. it's a model 15-3

sorry couldn't get camera to take closeup. Nikon camera with macro lens is put away and takes fair chunk of time to setup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom