Smith & Wesson Model 25-5 with German Proof Marks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a Smith & Wesson Model 25-5 in 45 Colt. It has a 5 3/4 inch barrel and German Proof marks. The marking indicate that it was imported to Germany, then brought back to the US. There is no import mark for a US importer.

Based on the input from another forum and my own research, the marking break down like this:

Eagle Over N = Final Nitro Proof - barrel & receiver separately
Wicker Basket = Mellrichstadt Proof House
ahak = for Albrecht Kind aus Hunstig German importer

zipty61.com_25_25_5a6SM.jpg

zipty61.com_25_25_5a7SM.jpg

zipty61.com_25_25_5a1SM.jpg

zipty61.com_25_25_5a2SM.jpg

zipty61.com_25_25_5a3SM.jpg

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow!!! What a beaut! One thing I note with some interest is the odd (to me) barrel length. What gives on that, any ideas? BTW, I have a 5" Model 27 that has German proof-marks. It was made in 1968. Beautiful gun.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow!!! What a beaut! One thing I note with some interest is the odd (to me) barrel length. What gives on that, any ideas? BTW, I have a 5" Model 27 that has German proof-marks. It was made in 1968. Beautiful gun.

I'm also curious about the barrel length. (I measured it multiple times to be certain.) My only guess is that it was manufactured to meet German import requirements.

Latest posts

Top Bottom