Smith & Wesson Stepping Up Production as Sales Soar 140 Percent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love their revolvers. I’ve never picked up a semi auto I liked though.

Same here. I love their revolvers, but none of their semi auto pistols were my cup of tea. Something about the grip, and just a general feel of their M&P pistols in my hand never felt right to me. Mechanically they seem to be well made and good functioning pistols, but I’ll take a Glock or a Sig any day over an M&P. Just my 2 cents though. My brother loves his, so go figure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Armstrong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't bought a Smith since my Model 65 new out of the box only fired on the three test chambers. Their QC was crap in the 80's. I was going to carry it for duty. Thank God I tested it first. Sent it back and got it back a month later firing on all cylinders so-to-speak.
I sent in a 686-1 for repair. They lost the payment I sent that was adult signature and wouldn’t do anything to help. I was able to get refunds on the money orders but it cost me like $100. I’ll never buy another Smith. Their wheel guns have big timing issues

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Demand for Guns Overwhelming FBI Background Check System

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...uns-overwhelming-fbi-background-check-system/
uFkAMmdI.jpeg

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love their revolvers. I’ve never picked up a semi auto I liked though.

Have you ever picked up a 5906 or one of it's variants? Some of the best DA/SA pistols out there. Sadly, they took a back seat to Glock and Sig in the mid 80s. Mostly due to the .40S&W phenomenon. But yeah, they are awesome weapons.

Last edited:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll pick one up and handle it someday. I’m not familiar with the older stuff.

They are the biggest kept secret in the firearm industry. Their biggest downfall was their weight. They made some aluminum frame models, but they had some durability issues.

Latest posts

Top Bottom