Smoking marijuana could lead to breakthrough COVID cases, study finds.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol the title of this thread does not reflect its content at all...

Smoking marijuana could...

a dependence on marijuana, alcohol, cocaine, opioids and tobacco — were more likely to contract the coronavirus after receiving both of their vaccination shots

Smoking marijuana, drinking alcohol, snorting cocaine, shooting heroin, popping opioid pills, and smoking tobacco could...

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can see how smoking anything could make you more likely to get Covid. Pot, cigs, anything you take into your lungs.
It can also bring people together for conversation. Smokers all stand around. Pot smokers share and like to talk. Drinkers end up at bars. It could be that they’re less likely to shut themselves in for whatever reason good or bad.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It can also bring people together for conversation. Smokers all stand around. Pot smokers share and like to talk. Drinkers end up at bars. It could be that they’re less likely to shut themselves in for whatever reason good or bad.
Good point.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The dog crap eating journalist that wrote that article is trying to use words most normal people do not comprehend.

He or she wrote this.
These data suggest that fully vaccinated SUD individuals are at higher risk for breakthrough COVID-19 infection, and this is largely due to their higher prevalence of comorbidities and adverse socioeconomic determinants of health compared with non-SUD individuals.

What I gather from that is that people with 2 or more health problems and those same people are living the working life possibly 2 jobs or in lower income or poverty are at higher risk than people with no illnesses and cushy living.

Ya think it has anything to do with smoking or drug use.
Not in that study ....I feel it is more the fact those more likely to get infected are exposed to many more people and much more filth.

Buddy of mine did not get the shot neither did his wife.
Both have medical conditions with heart and lungs.
Both smoke a LOT of pot and take a lot of prescribed pills for their ailments.
They got the COVID and got over it quickly.

I have a theory about smokers and COVID.
Smokers lungs are coated as are their nostrils and air passages.
I feel this may protect the body somewhat from incoming contaminants.

Latest posts

Top Bottom