Smoothing out the trigger on a Glock w/photos.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have had lots of questions about polishing, buffing, smoothing out, lessening the trigger pull on a Glock. Had some spare time today and a new Gen4 G26 that a guy wanted smoothed out. This is what I do, you or someone you know may do it other ways, and that is OK with me. Not to dunn them for what they do, just showing what I do and have done and what works for me.

New G26 from the factory today on my bench pull tested with a new Trigger Measuring Tool I just got in a few weeks back, as my old one was old, couldn't read the numbers very good anymore.

The G26 New trigger averaged out right at 6.5lbs or slightly higher. Took it apart, put in a Standard 3.5 Ghost Trigger Connector, the plain jane one with no holes. I don't think the holes do any good even when shot a lot and it starts to get dirty. The parts that are touching and friction is where it counts when it comes to smoothing out. Anyways it tested right at 6.5 lbs or slightly higher.

So in went a the new Ghost Trigger Connector and out came the Trigger Bar and Firing Safety Pin. These are the two parts that get the polishing.

There are four areas on the Trigger Bar and the top of the Firing Safety Pin, the sides and the lower sides all the way around.

Here are some photos of the polishing and might have to post another one to get all the photos in. The photos show how mirror finish you can make it. When done the mirror finish will only get better with time and shots.

Anyway, the Little G26 started out at 6.5lbs to 6.8 lbs and when finished I averaged slightly less than 4lbs. Well worth twenty minutes and $12 for the Trigger Connector in my mind. This and a Stainless Guide Rod/spring set is all I do, Oh and I polish the feed ramp. That is all that is needed. Good Luck. Simple Gun to work on. Again, some of you may have done this upteen hundreds of times, but have had several pm's and questions about it, so thought what the hell, take a few photos while I was piddling with this one today.

Here is a link to the $11.69 Trigger Connector. Cheapest I have found them.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281347070563?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I should add, that I have several Glock's, I do have the fancier supposedly self cleaning Ghost Trigger Connector with the "Cleaning Holes in them" in a couple of them, and I have found no discernible difference in them, so buy the cheap one, it works good. Have never used any of Ghost's springs or other fancy doo dads out there, just do what I do above and shoot em, and shoot em allot! LOL!

Oh and don't over lube these Pistols, just 5 places of a very small dob of lube is needed. If you have ever watched YouTube, watch hickok45's video of cleaning, he is straight shooting people on the cleaning of these pistols. Good Luck

Last edited:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
More photos.. Photo three shows the spring right down below my screwdriver, that you need to remember goes on the outside, bend it backwards as you insert the pin.

I use a Dremel Tool and the photo shows the Metal Polish.

Photo one shows the Trigger Connector that rubs under the Trigger Bar, since the Trigger Connector is shiny and smooth, no need to polish it. Good Luck!

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Would flitz be too abrasive to use for this?

I have never used Flitz on the Glock parts. I have used it on other stuff. It really doesn't take much to smooth the Glock Parts, not even a dremmel tool is needed. I think I would err on the side of Flitz may be to gritty. That stuff in the photo is found at Wally World and is cheap. Any good metal polish will suffice, I used Mothers till I ran out. That stuff from Wally World is butter smooth. My son in law started using it and it shines up fast with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom