Snake boots/chaps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Recently got moved to a new area at work, and am thinking a set of snake boots or chaps will be needed for safety's sake. Anyone have recommendations as to a comfortable set of chaps? Are the thigh high a better choice, or knee high better? This will be rattlesnake country (TX panhandle), and I will probably only be wearing them part of the time, mainly while walking pipelines. I have no experience with this type of gear, so feel free to address pro's and con's of each choice! TIA

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Either one will be hot in the summer, and anything encasing the knee joint may chafe if you walk very far.

I'd probably go with high-top (below-the-knee) boots and a snake-bite suction kit.

Hmmm... do they make a snake-repellent spray? :D

Just a couple thoughts. Luck. :drunk2:

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a pair of snake boots made by Muck boot. They aren't TOO bad but I usually just wear then in the creek bottoms and don't walk far.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a rattlesnake dam near bite me in the boys one time cause I was trying to kill him with a garden hoe thanks to my black mountain lion reflexes he missed and I finished the job boss was squealing like a school girl on the back of the truck lol. I had snake boots on but he struck a lot higher than the boots so I’m not sure what to say cause I haven’t had any experience with anything higher than the knee

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Makes me think of 66 batman shark repellent. I guess we would need Land Based Bat Sprays to have Snake.
2.bp.blogspot.com__s6tOoQeS1_o_UNN2i_HPRMI_AAAAAAAABKk_dwbhYKA2df773839bbd3df4a1ac413ba8e72d99.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom