Snake shot and revolvers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like it would be (ha! wood bee?). I've only fired 22-shot (we called it "rat shot") a few times, and don't really know how they pattern.
:anyone:
___
Rifling makes the pattern very wide in everything but the smooth bore garden guns. The garden guns didn't get much traction because few folks actually have gardens in locations where a gun going off won't get a response from LEO.
Edit: same issues with the Judge and Governor pistols. They require rifling in the barrel to be fed legal past a few feet the pattern is huge.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
You get the cci, or a different brand?

I think winchester loaded them and sold by the box of 50 or by the brick
They’re Winchester super X I believe. They’re stashed away somewhere.
I always catch myself eyeing those Henry garden guns, I just feel like I could have fun with one, but it’s an awful expensive one trick pony. I sure wouldn’t mind trading that gorgeous stock over to my H001 replacing the boring stock.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rifling makes the pattern very wide in everything but the smooth bore garden guns. The garden guns didn't get much traction because few folks actually have gardens in locations where a gun going off won't get a response from LEO.
Edit: same issues with the Judge and Governor pistols. They require rifling in the barrel to be fed legal past a few feet the pattern is huge.
I have some home brew 45/70 shot shells!

Probably get a bunny with them if needed!

There was actually a gov issued 45/70 shot shell back in the trap door days called a forager round!

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shoot wood bees hovering around the barn. You may not be familiar with them, but they burrow into the eves of buildings to create nests. Very territorial so the males protect the nest by hovering while waiting on another wood bee coming into their territory to chase them off. Pretty easy redneck trap shooting from a semi auto pistol. One does have to manually cycle the action though.
If you take a big brown paper bag and stuff it with paper so it looks like a hornet's nest, hang it on your barn, then the bees will stay away.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beats me, but I load my own speer shot capules and use in 357 and 44.
OK, I am being lazy here. I stepped into a few of these plastic shot capsules, some with pellets already inserted, for 38/357 and 45. Where are you finding reloading data? My old Speer manual does not appear to have the data. Thank you!

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, I am being lazy here. I stepped into a few of these plastic shot capsules, some with pellets already inserted, for 38/357 and 45. Where are you finding reloading data? My old Speer manual does not appear to have the data. Thank you!
It is on the package!

Dont have 45, just 38 and 44, but here you go!

F4C588C7-3241-47AF-A226-C215E17CF106.jpeg

Zoom in for 44 data!

009932AC-DECD-493D-A282-7E9FA70ECB9F.jpeg

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shoot wood bees hovering around the barn. You may not be familiar with them, but they burrow into the eves of buildings to create nests. Very territorial so the males protect the nest by hovering while waiting on another wood bee coming into their territory to chase them off. Pretty easy redneck trap shooting from a semi auto pistol. One does have to manually cycle the action though.
Damn wood bees have put holes in the cedar pergola I built on the front porch

Latest posts

Top Bottom