Snake trap worked

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It worked. Trap on front of nesting box designed after a minnow trap. Tho a ‘good’ snake once they find the eggs they will be back daily. Euthanized with my Ruger single six with birdshot load. Then repositioned in an open area to feed the area hawk nothing waisted
0FCAA99D-F778-49E6-A1E4-37F77D227D60.jpeg
2D2FB85A-93DF-4EB1-9377-1F8C3AC16DB7.jpeg

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
just living high on the hog! should collect your daily eggs then leave the snake one it wouldn't grow so fast. anyway nice trap.

Rickt300

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I keep chickens seems the rats move in. I give the ratsnakes free reign, don't care if they get an egg once in a while. If they get a chick that's different. But I get my eggs every day and seldom lose more than a couple a month.

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great trap. Way to go. Smart design. Sound solution to this problem. Besides egg losses, I lost an adult hen once to a snake, and after strangling the hen, it actually tried to swallow the hen, head first. Got as far as swallowing the head and neck, then gave up & backed out. Wasted my hen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom