SNAKES IN THE HEN HOUSE!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I usually don't like killing snakes but I have had 3 this week in the hen house. Two I relocated but today I had enough so this one had to go after the second day in a row no eggs. So I get to looking and it is hiding in the tree that has limbs hanging over the hen house. Had the same thing happen a couple years ago killed 3 on the same day but I like the shade for the chickens. They hide in the tree slither down into the hen house eat all they can and slither back up. Well this one want do it again.
20210720_175452.jpg

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's 1 that just sucked down a half dozen, But being a fan of snakes I always relocate or leave
em be since I don't mind sharing with them.. On the occasion they get so heavy eggs are scarce I do Take'em down the road a few miles..
Makes me chuckle to think that this kid has more fortitude than grown men, Of course she does have me as a poppa.. She is now at the Babe Ruth softball championship.. Yes that is a near 6 footer..

Attachments

• 20210709_195801 (1).jpg
    20210709_195801 (1).jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 20210709_195841.jpg
    20210709_195841.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 99

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's 1 that just sucked down a half dozen, But being a fan of snakes I always relocate or leave
em be since I don't mind sharing with them.. On the occasion they get so heavy eggs are scarce I do Take'em down the road a few miles..
Makes me chuckle to think that this kid has more fortitude than grown men, Of course she does have me as a poppa.. She is now at the Babe Ruth softball championship.. Yes that is a near 6 footer..
Like I said I usually relocate them but I wasn't climbing the tree to get it out and it had got its last egg.
I' ve got a daughter like yours although alot older know. She is not scared of much, I'm glad there is more like her out there. Enjoy your time with them now they grow up so fast.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What did you do, paint it?
When we moved into our county home. A terrapin showed up with 1982 painted on its shell. We relocated it a half mile away as terrapins can be bad for a garden which is where we caught it.
The following year and 10 years after, that guy made it up a 128’ bluff back to our yard in the spring. The paint finally faded so used an industrial paint pen to put the original date back on it. Two years later it quit visiting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom