Snakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We do have a few copperheads around my place. See them more than any other snake probably. Thats one of the few snakes I really hate. They are just plain aholes and have absolutely no manners at all. I swear they would rather bite you than not. I kill all of them I can. But thats a very large copperhead OP.

SdoubleA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see this black snake's skin in my shop building almost every year. I have zero problems with mice around here. If I could just convince my wife to leave them alone. Black snakes also eat rattlers and copperheads. That gives them a pass for me.
Interesting critters. They can climb a tree darned near as fast as a squirrel. Dog got after this one or another the same size last year and it got across the fence and danged near flew into the tree. Went up about 10' and just looked down at the dog. Had to stop the wife from getting the howitzer out of the safe. She is protective of her dogs. We did lose one to a copperhead bite years ago and had another bit but survived.

They dang sure can climb trees.

Years ago, my oldest brother, James, and one of his buddies were going squirrel hunting, and I asked if I could tag along. I had never been hunting with James, me being several years younger I was never considered worthy or good enough. His buddy finally convinced him it might be fun to take a punk kid to the woods. Off we went.

I found a suitable spot sitting with my back against a big oak. A while into the hunt, I felt something crawl onto my shoulder...yep, black snake coming down the tree.

Later, when we met to leave, my brother said he heard me fire a few times and asked if I had a squirrel. I informed him I had one for every shot I had fired. He didn't believe me, so I asked him to just get them out of my game vest as I turned with my back toward him. Well, you can guess what happened when he reached in and found out the deceased squirrels had a very much alive companion.

The buddy had said it might be fun to take me to the woods.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Pigmy rattler I got by my Waterhose. Very small but dangerous.

Attachments

• IMG_2402.JPG
    IMG_2402.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 142

Latest posts

Top Bottom