Snorkeling Gear: Need to Rent or Borrow a Set ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...for my wife to try out. We are getting ready to go to Hawaii on February 2nd and she has never been snorkeling. I want to take her to an indoor pool for a couple lessons in the next few days or so, and if she is okay with it, I'll take her snorkeling there. Just a simple mask, snorkel and set of fins is all I need to get her familiar with it. Anybody close to Yukon/Mustang/West OKC got a set I can use? I'll owe you one or something. Text me at (405) 227-4270. Thanks.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This might get you started.
Glasses 1.jpg Glasesses 2.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...for my wife to try out. We are getting ready to go to Hawaii on February 2nd and she has never been snorkeling. I want to take her to an indoor pool for a couple lessons in the next few days or so, and if she is okay with it, I'll take her snorkeling there. Just a simple mask, snorkel and set of fins is all I need to get her familiar with it. Anybody close to Yukon/Mustang/West OKC got a set I can use? I'll owe you one or something. Text me at (405) 227-4270. Thanks.

Great idea to get the equipment before the trip. [emoji106]

There are a myriad of goggles out there to try before going on a trip. My wife had major issues with them not fitting and it ruined the excursion because she has to continually surface to clear.
After some expert advice, she wasn’t actually using them correctly and didn’t have a face profile for generic models.
A dive shop is the way to go. It isn’t worth ruining a trip to save a dime going cheap, and if local, they can be returned after a trial period.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks folks. I'll just call a dive shop; I hadn't really thought this through but that's the best course of action. I actually first got certified by Frank Thompson way back in 1968. My first open water dive was in Tenkiller. I thought that was pretty cool too, you could see maybe 5 or 6 feet! Since then, I have dove all over the world, probably the coolest place ever was off the point of Ras Mohamed, at the tip of the Sinai Peninsula. Talk about untouched and pristine...but that's a whole 'nother story for a 'nother thread some time maybe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom