Snowflakes exist, even in Oklahoma.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The first time I met my now ex father in law, he had all the guns laid out for spring cleaning. Clearly he had been told nothing about me. I ended up pushing back our date so I could help him fix one, clean a few others and talk shop for a few hours. It was the best date I never went on lol.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lemme see. OP's location is Stillwater. Never been there but wiki says,

Given the convergence of public "higher education" indoctrination centers there, OP should not be surprised at the presence of cupcakes, communists, enviroNazis and stoners.

And given what I've observed about the devolution of America, I'm surprised the region has anything but snowflakes/cupcakes/weenies.

OP and his bud being the exceptions, of course.
While I'm sure there are those who fit these descriptions . . . Stillwater isn't exactly the first place I think of when people mention snowflakes/cupcakes/weenies/communists/enviroNazis and stoners.

This is from someone who lived up there for 8+ years at various times from 1977 to 2004.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I'm sure there are those who fit these descriptions . . . Stillwater isn't exactly the first place I think of when people mention snowflakes/cupcakes/weenies/communists/enviroNazis and stoners.
It's just something we like to say about anyone that we disagree with. Throw the term RINO in there also. We just enjoy calling names.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, Stillwater is the home of Oklahoma State University,,,
I obtained both of my degrees there,,,
And retired after 16.5 years there.

I can attest that even though it's in rural-ish Oklahoma,,,
I experienced that the liberals on campus outnumber the conservatives.

My job was to provide computer support to the faculty & staff,,,
I had a few people who wouldn't come to me for help,,,
Because it was well known that I am a 2A supporter.

One professor wouldn't allow me to come into her office to fix her machine,,,
She pitched a fit and said that I might be carrying a concealed pistol.

Apparently I scared her just by my existence.

Go figure?

Aarond

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When my daughters first time dates would show up, I always made sure I was cleaning a pump action shotgun. Nothing like the sound of a 870 racking to let prospective boyfriends know that they better not mess a round!
I didn't exhibit any guns at all. Told the boys that I knew that relationships didn't always work out, but that if I thought they intentionally hurt my daughters, they would spend the rest of their short miserable life screaming in the desert.

Maybe my daughters have decent taste in boys, or maybe I got my point across...

Bill

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, they are not technically registered in Oklahoma. The dealer keeps a copy of a form with the serial number on it, but is not entered in any central databasee.
That may or may not be true depending on who the FFL is and where they are located. Regardless, I will forever believe that all information on a 4473 including purchasers name, address, phone number, DOB, weapon brand, model, serial number, caliber, and date purchased will be sent to the 'appropriate' government data bases, usually without our consent or knowledge.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, they are not technically registered in Oklahoma. The dealer keeps a copy of a form with the serial number on it, but is not entered in any central database.
Not until the FFL retailer goes out of business, for whatever reason. Then all his sales (which he is now required to keep full record of, indefinitely - not just the '20 years' it used to be) are forwarded to the ATF, who damned-well DO record all those sales in a 'central database.'

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, people I was just trying to answer the OP's statement about what a "registered" gun is. It was not my intention to either acknowledge or deny the potential theoretical existence of a super double-secret illegal government database that may or may not exist, but go on acting like that's what I was talking about.

FWIW, if such a database does exist, it's not really a registry, or at least it's not complete because there is an unknown number of guns that have changed hands without the "registry" being updated, not to mention how many 4473's are still in the hands of dealers. So if you bought it in Oklahoma from a dealer or otherwise, it's still not "registered". But again, that was not my point in the first place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom