So a Mustang High School Teacher Takes His Gun To School...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday a teacher, planning on going to a range after school, takes his handgun, in a bag, into the school, and then leaves the bag unattended. Somehow the bag and firearm are found, school goes into lock down, letter is sent out to parents, and the story reported on TV.

Yes, he has a OK Handgun License.

Now I know no one here would ever do something like this, but we continue to see stories of folks doing the wrong things with their firearms. And the folks against firearms continue to gain supporters.

We have to realize that we are in a PR contest. Not everyone defines "infringed" the same way we do, and it seems like their voice is getting louder every month.

So, we need to think about the image we present to the rest of society. Yes, it does matter to all of us!

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like maybe he is just stupid. Or just got careless. You are right though, every time something "innocent" like this happens, it hurts us all.

As far as getting comfortable with something, being comfortable can lead to being careless. Careless can kill you.

I try not to let myself get too comfortable with things I have grown accustomed to so I don't get careless. Back in the day, I did a lot of diving and parachuting. A lot. I was very comfortable with those activities then too. I had to focus to make myself not get too comfortable though. I'd hate to be the Recon Marine who drowned because he didn't double check his gear, and switched over to his pony bottle only to find it empty. Or the one who went splat because he was sleepy and dozing during a long flight and put his Alice Pack on in the dark instead of his parachute.

Ever leave the house and go about your day and when you get home, realize you had left the mag out of your gun? That happened to m....uh...to a...friend of mine once.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The bag was apparently left unattended in the library / media center where any number of students could have come into contact with it. I call that a big deal.

In today’s day and age, yes. Back then, they would simply have returned it to the owner and forgotten about it.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What a dummy...for leaving the bag. I've forgotten I was carrying a couple times and found myself in places where it was strictly forbidden. Mistakes happen but leaving your bag in a school is just careless.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I got from a story or two, this individual had been to the range the night before and forgot to remove the weapon from the bag.

Still a dumb move.

However, the wife and I know a few teachers at Mustang that go to church with us. Maybe I'll hear something Sunday?

Latest posts

Top Bottom