So about that "drug house" raid in Houston...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The county sheriff said Koresh was frequently in town, and could've easily been detained if ATF had just talked to him (and they should've--child abuse is hardly in ATF's bailiwick). I said at the time that those ATF agents had seen too many stories about FBI raids, and had a positive target lock on getting to kick in somebody's door--and I haven't seen anything in the intervening years to alter that opinion. That whole clusterf**k should never have happened.
I watched a series on the history channel last year about that tragedy. It sure struck me as odd how that whole deal went down.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched a series on the history channel last year about that tragedy. It sure struck me as odd how that whole deal went down.

Janet Reno was the architect of the Waco Travesty and somehow I am sure that Hillary Clinton was unofficially involved in the decision to end the siege at all costs. Reno was politically influenced and unprincipled as the Attorney General of Florida who refused to allow exculpatory evidence to be reviewed by the courts that ultimately exonerated an inmate on Death Row after she vacated her position. This was a dangerous and unscrupulous person and the world is a better place for her passing.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm watching it now. My first impression is they are trying to provoke the first officer by telling him to sit down and shut up. Let me tell you, officers will take a lot of crap but that attitude will send up a red flag to watch these people to any reasonable person. I'd be doing registration and stolen checks on their vehicles for a start.

Got a link ? I searched, but came up empty

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Still, Acevedo said he wouldn't agree to let the Texas Ranger or the FBI take over the investigation.

Chief Avocado shouldn't get a say in whether the Rangers or FBI take over the investigation. The results of this debacle and the disturbing history of Ofc. Goines suggests a systemic failure of leadership within the HPD. While I'd love to see the FBI's OCR Division come in and walk all over him, at this point I'm not even sure they have the integrity necessary to investigate this. That fish is currently rotting from the head down too. In all likelihood, only the Ranger can do this investigation justice.

One thing I'm absolutely sure of is that Chief Avocado is just as big a POS as former Coward County Sherriff Scott Israel. If the citizens of Houston don't have him tossed out on his ear, then they deserve what they get. :mad:

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

If the photographer was really doing something worthwhile instead of trying to provoke a confrontation with officers, then he would have responded civilly to the officer questions and statements instead of shooting off his wise assed mouth.....

Publishing personal information about Officers for the general public could reasonably be expected to place them and maybe their families in increased danger from vindictive or vengeful persons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom