So about that "drug house" raid in Houston...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Seems there was attempted obfuscation by the higher-ups as well. This is not a "one bad apple" incident.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the "lead instigator of the raid, officer Gerald Goines" wasn't charged with anything?

I'm thinking throwing conspiracy and racketeering charges at some of these folks is a way to try to placate the public but isn't really addressing the underlying issue here. One officer charged with murder - we don't know the circumstances of that. Falsifying documents? Really?

If a criminal is involved in criminal activity that ultimately leads to the death of innocents, that criminal can be charged with murder, as their reckless actions helped create the scenario in the first place. At least in Oklahoma. I find it hard to believe TX doesn't have some similar form of the law.

But this looks even more like a "slap on the wrist" for officers who were abusing their positions. It stinks. It really stinks. These folks may lose their commissions and some might actually spend a few months in a protected unit in a cell. While 2 people are dead - and we still don't know if those two people were doing anything wrong... as rightfully mentioned above, planting of a small amount of weed and some "white powder" wouldn't be above officers who lie and manipulate just for the purpose of padding their paychecks and going gung-ho in peoples' homes.

And yes, we should all be up in arms about this kind of behavior, because any one of us could be the targets of the next raid, especially when national so-called red flag laws or 'assault weapons' bans are enacted. Any one of us.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the "lead instigator of the raid, officer Gerald Goines" wasn't charged with anything?

I'm thinking throwing conspiracy and racketeering charges at some of these folks is a way to try to placate the public but isn't really addressing the underlying issue here. One officer charged with murder - we don't know the circumstances of that. Falsifying documents? Really?

If a criminal is involved in criminal activity that ultimately leads to the death of innocents, that criminal can be charged with murder, as their reckless actions helped create the scenario in the first place. At least in Oklahoma. I find it hard to believe TX doesn't have some similar form of the law.

But this looks even more like a "slap on the wrist" for officers who were abusing their positions. It stinks. It really stinks. These folks may lose their commissions and some might actually spend a few months in a protected unit in a cell. While 2 people are dead - and we still don't know if those two people were doing anything wrong... as rightfully mentioned above, planting of a small amount of weed and some "white powder" wouldn't be above officers who lie and manipulate just for the purpose of padding their paychecks and going gung-ho in peoples' homes.

And yes, we should all be up in arms about this kind of behavior, because any one of us could be the targets of the next raid, especially when national so-called red flag laws or 'assault weapons' bans are enacted. Any one of us.
Tough to follow the video closely. I am pretty sure she said the Goines had previously been indicted for murder and she was announcing new indictments in addition to those previously indicted.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh I didn't watch the video, I just read the article. Either way, though, the whole story is frigging terrifying.

This is the kind of thing that has half or more of our country not trusting cops. There ARE bad apples out there - trees and orchards full of them in some cases.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well the raid coordinator, Officer Gerald Goines very well may be. At least he's still recovering from a well deserved gunshot wound received during the raid. If it were me in charge, his qualified immunity would be nullified and he'd stand trial for felony murder. I'd also like to point out that he's a 30+ year veteran of the department, which means there's no telling how many times he's done this. Defense attorneys in Houston will be lining up to have cases overturned that he was involved in. :(

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chief-officer-lied-in-affidavit-before-deadly-houston-raid.amp
lol very well deserved!

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
noticed the names mostly had a common factor.

>hire cops from region known for awful cop behavior
>get cops with awful cop behavior

why i never.......

Latest posts

Top Bottom