So Glad I Live in Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After being transferred around the country, for several years, we chose to return to Oklahoma and have never regretted that choice. The "Oklahoma Standard" may be something of a marketing slogan, but it is a real thing to most of us.

Good thoughts for a Saturday, Thank you Joel...

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today, several simple human things brought to light exactly WHY I moved back to Oklahoma after my 21+ years in the Marines.
I always thought I'd retire near the coast, so I could be near the ocean. That is, until I did; and then I realized how darn good we really have it here, and moved back.

So...I went to the grocery store; a Black lady held the door for me, as I entered. (She must have noticed I walk with a slight limp). I thanked her; she smiled and nodded.

As I was pushing my cart down the aisles , a Hispanic woman pointed out how good the strawberries looked, I engaged in small talk with her and put some in my buggy.

As I was getting milk, I noticed a Black couple waiting behind me; I asked if I could hand them anything; they said yes, two half-gallons of the 2% milk please. I handed the milk over, they both thanked me and we resumed our shopping.

Everyone just acted like regular human beings, doing our best to get along in a tough world. No drama; no BLM; no racism or hate for the sake of hate...just human beings shopping for groceries and pleasantly interacting with other human beings.

Oh sure, we have issues here too, on occasion, but I betcha a lot less here than most others. It just doesn't happen like this in a lot of other places.

Oklahoma is OK.
Thanks for sharing that. People in other states need to just follow the same ideology of regular Oklahoman's. We're all Gods children, we just appreciate it more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom