So Glad I Live in Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple of stories, one involving me, but the other not.

Several years ago, we were getting some service done on one of our Fords at Diffee Ford in El Reno. Sitting in the waiting room, we struck up a conversation with a gentleman with his young daughter across from us. He told us that he was "back visiting" from California and that they were planning on moving back to Oklahoma. He stated that out in CA, all they cared to know about someone was how much money they made.

The second one might not have been in Oklahoma, but it is indicative of the state's citizenry. I don't remember whether I read this here on OSA or whether I saw it on YouTube, so everything is paraphrased. Two cops are in a convenience store. One is an older officer and the second much younger. They see a black woman walking up towards the checkout area. The older officer steps up to her and asks, "How are you today, Ma'am?" She answers, "I guess I'm OK."

He studies her a few more seconds and then says, "No, really. How are you?" She sensed something in him and said, "Well, I guess I am a bit tired."

He replied with something like, "Well, it's kind of rough in these times for both of us, isn't it."

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have visited 42 of the 50 states. Yes Obama, there are only 50, not 57. Anyway, I keep coming back to amazing Oklahoma. It really is more like 5 different geographical and cultural areas divided by the two interstates I-35 and 40 and the panhandle. I have also figured out why Oklahoma is so windy, Texas sucks and Kansas blows.

Latest posts

Top Bottom