So I ate crow...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw one drop dead from a high wire the other day and decided to do an experiment. I cleaned it and then offered raw meat to all 4 dogs...it was repeatedly rejected by all but one dog which was hesitant at first and then begged for more after eating a few pieces. I then tossed the carcass into the pond and the turtles came immediately LOL. The left over meat was soaked in plain water for a half day, then changed the water and soaked another few hours. rubbed the meat with olive oil, sea salt and cracked pepper. Pan fried in olive oil until medium. Then tried a piece and it was so close to steak meat, it probably could have fooled most people. It was like a tougher version of filet. Then I offered the cooked pieces to the dogs and again, it was rejected by 3 of them and the other one was happy to eat the rest of the meat.

I didn't swallow the piece I chewed up because I had a psychological block, but I think if i had added some other spices and was hungrier, I probably could have eaten it in place of steak. I have never tried duck or goose, but seems like people compare those to steak as well? Anyone else ever "eat crow".

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have eaten lots of geese
I have eaten lots of ducks
I have eaten lots of dove, quail, pheasant
Even prairie chicken.

I ain't eating no crow.
Ditto, I will eat just about anything, but not a scavenger that eats two day old maggot infested rotten road kill skunk cooking in the sun on a hot blacktop 😎. I’ll pass, but I did enjoy your experiment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom