So I got pulled over.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HKCHEF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was driving to work today and came up on a construction zone merging down to one lane I creeped up the side and merged. A HWY patrol officer was standing outside his cruiser and pointed at me and a few others to pull over. I rolled my windows down, shut my car off, got my CCW, license and insurance together.

The officer came to the window I handed him the usual and put my hands on the wheel. He imedietly asked where the firearm was, I told him he retrieved it I told him it was chambered he ejected the mag and racked the slide unloading the firearm. He put the mag and one bullet in his pocket and asked me to come back to his cruiser. In the cruiser he brought up my info on his laptop, he showed me that next to my name was the letters HD letting him know I have my CCW ( I was unaware that was attached to my license) then he thanked me for following procedure correctly.

We talked about guns briefly as he wrote me a warning he then gave back my mag and bullet told me to load when I got to were I was going and to drive safe. Whole thing took five minutes the officer was very professional and I will be more careful in the future.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got pulled over a few nights ago, same thing, handed him both licenses and informed him that I had a concealed firearm on me, he asked what it was and where it was... told him it was a 45, he asked if it was a Glock... lol. I said no, a Springfield 1911 Champion, he said "NICE"... wrote me a warning and i was on my way. Very nice and smooth..... weird thag the guy took your gun. He didi ask where mine was too. But thag was it.

BobBarker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think he should have handled your gun. Did he have you get out of the car and just jerk it out of your holster? Load it when you get where you are going? Doesn't make sense as the purpose of a ccw is to prepare for the unexpected

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were on the side of I-35 when our truck blew the trans seal about 18 months ago. A trooper pulled up, rolled down the window ,and asked me what was wrong. I explained the problem and that we had help on the way and then I told him I was packin' and had a permit. He said"You should have told me before now". He laughed and said "Looks like you got it covered and drove off. He was right.I should have told him first thing.

csiedmond1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got stopped for speeding, in a one horse town, I had my hands on the wheel and told him I had a gun in the car as son as he got to my window. He asked where it was and asked if i had my license. I produced it for him, he took it back to his car and thanked for being honest about it when handing me my ticket...

I got stopped another time for one headlight being out, told him and after he run my license he said "i don't make it a habit of taking guns from the good guys".

DaveTec

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I got stopped, followed procedure, was issued a friendly warning, officer never asked about what kind, where, or anything. Don't think they're supposed to. It's concealed for a reason. The license "should" be all they need.

With that said, if an officer does ask for your gun, for God's sake comply. And your safe-firearm handling procedures will be on full display. Might wanna practice so you don't end up pointing the business end at the cop. That's a quick way to not make friends in a hurry. Heh....

Latest posts

Top Bottom