So I got pulled over.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhawknokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to the Oklahoma Self Defense Act, title 21 1290.8 E. "Nothing in this section shall be construed to authorize a law enforcement officer to inspect any weapon properly concealed without probable cause that a crime has been committed"

The teacher of my CC class told us to memorize this and keep a copy of the book with us in case of such a request. Although If asked, I would probably hand it over, but let the officer know he was breaking the rules in doing so.

Kind of seems like that is counter productive. "Ok officer I'll give hand you my gun... But you know... you're breaking the law." Personally, I would just comply.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, now it's time for a knowledgable LEO or trooper to share with us how this came about since OSBI does not collect DL# info on the SDA application that would allow these databases (DL to SDA) to be cross-referenced. Further, the reason OK is not accepted as reciprocal in NV is because this is supposedly not possible. Further, since I regularly hear troopers calling dispatch for records checks (28/29/42/43/44/triple I), I am wondering about this particular trooper having that capability on an in-car computer system. Not doubting HKCHEF at all, just a point of curiosity.

Inquiring minds want to know....:popcorn:

Do a search ... it's been discussed before ad nauseum ... and I wouldn't expect any more help than that any time soon ... I certainly know I am sick and tired of PMs telling me I am lying through my teeth when I post what I know to be the truth. :nono2:

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to the Oklahoma Self Defense Act, title 21 1290.8 E. "Nothing in this section shall be construed to authorize a law enforcement officer to inspect any weapon properly concealed without probable cause that a crime has been committed"

The teacher of my CC class told us to memorize this and keep a copy of the book with us in case of such a request. Although If asked, I would probably hand it over, but let the officer know he was breaking the rules in doing so.

This is an incorrect interpretation of this statute that has been explained before in this sub-forum.

Michael Brown

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was pulled over outside Gillette, WY a month ago for going four (as in the number between three and five) miles per hour over the posted 75mph speed limit. I greeted the trooper and handed him my OK DL and CCL and then immediately put both hands on the wheel. He said I was a little "hot" coming over a hill and would appreciate it if I slowed down. Gave me a "warning", my DL and CCL back and that was it.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I won't start a new thread, because hi-jacking yours is more fun.

I got pulled over by an unmarked OCPD doing 58 in a 45. This was in one of those wide open areas where, well, you know, 60 is just the norm. Anyway, the officer approached, and I had the old hands showing, told him about my CCW, etc...

This guy had the NERVE to not want to look at, or play with, my Glock. He also was not interested in where I was going!!! Then he did only write me for 9 over, all with a friendly attitude. I don't know what to think about all this.

Another in a short line of really good experiences with my lead foot. This makes quite a few good encounters with local PDs, OKC, Luther, Lincoln County, Spencer...I think that covers it...nope, Nicoma Park too. (Some of these were NOT violation situations, and over lots of years.) Anyway, to this day, the only bad experience I have had was very soon after the SDA was enacted, with a very crotchety OHP guy who MUST be retired by now up near Perkins. HE was just not happy about we citizens packing heat. Other than that, props to the cops! I'm still doing my best to keep that revenue coming.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
he then gave back my mag and bullet told me to load when I got to were I was going

Other than this, which can be taken with a grain of salt and forgotten, nothing wrong here. It's totally up to the officer as to how to handle (or not handle) the weapon. At least that's what I was taught. Personally, I'm going to do what the hell he/she says while in their contact. YMMV

Electrician Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is nice to see that this has been discussed before and everyone seems to just want to say "do a search, this has been discussed". Only problem is this subforum is only 2 pages long, there is nothing to search thru.
Unfortunatly, many people on here, myself uncluded, have just recently discovered this forum. Answers, not smartxxs comments would be appreciated.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is nice to see that this has been discussed before and everyone seems to just want to say "do a search, this has been discussed". Only problem is this subforum is only 2 pages long, there is nothing to search thru.
Unfortunatly, many people on here, myself uncluded, have just recently discovered this forum. Answers, not smartxxs comments would be appreciated.

And research on your part would be appreciated before you try to convince others of a fallacy. :teach:

J-leblanc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's officer discretion. A few will make it a habit of disarming each CCW holder for the duration of the stop, some will never do it. I'd advise trusting your instincts. If the person is compliant, follows the rules and gives no reason to suspect them of anything, I wouldn't disarm. If they make those little hairs on the back of your neck stand up, disregard the CCW permit and disarm until you figure out why. At the end of the day, going home alive is the ultimate goal.

very appreciated wise words...something ill remember. thank you

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

You're not starting out real well slick.The subforum is 76 pages long.Go to the bottom of the page to the "display options" and change from The Last Month to Last Year or Beginning.Then do your search.

Latest posts

Top Bottom