So I woke up on the floor this morning...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One minute at a time is how I look at it.I’ve battled addiction for awhile. Went to jail, then treatment. Had months of sobriety and got a divorce from my wife that was separated with because of my crap. I relapsed hard and broke my hip.
I let my lack of acceptance outrun my serenity and let my kids and myself down.
I’m back on track with the grace of God.
Stay the course. Unfortunately like the book says. We are like men who lost their legs and will never grow them back.
Hit me up anytime. I’m involved in several AA groups in OKC.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was just out walking the dog in the field across from my place when some stupid ass decided to try his pistol out into the darkness through the sunroof. I doubt he ever saw me. If I'd have been my normal level of drunk/stoned, I wouldn't have been able to discern that he wasn't actually shooting at ME. I would have returned fire. Even drunk I would have hammered the interior of that car at less than 30 feet away.

As it was, I just hugged dirt...
Tomorrow I'll turn over surveillance footage from the front of the building to the cops. I'm gonna credit God for speaking to my heart the other day and saving me from a life wrecking event.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I was just out walking the dog in the field across from my place when some stupid ass decided to try his pistol out into the darkness through the sunroof. I doubt he ever saw me. If I'd have been my normal level of drunk/stoned, I wouldn't have been able to discern that he wasn't actually shooting at ME. I would have returned fire. Even drunk I would have hammered the interior of that car at less than 30 feet away.

As it was, I just hugged dirt...
Tomorrow I'll turn over surveillance footage from the front of the building to the cops. I'm gonna credit God for speaking to my heart the other day and saving me from a life wrecking event.
Mental clarity is a wonderful thing most of the time. Day 2 in the books. Have a great Tuesday.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't help you with dealing with quitting the alcohol, but maybe I can help with finding a church. Visit a few small ones and talk with their ministers and ask if the Inola area ministers happen to meet up on occasion for coffee somewhere. (Our minister does in the Mustang area.) It might be that you could attend one of those coffee meets and ask questions.

You spoke of it being loud with the music, so do you prefer a place that doesn't use musical instruments? If so, check out the Church of Christ there in Inola.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today is a week. Can't say I haven't been tempted, (pffft..at least a dozen times today already.) but I am still in the clear. Gonna stay that way too.
Pay attention to your thoughts right before you have the desire. Then separate them out. Write them down even. Then write down counters to them.

Could be something like:

No one is ever going to care about me the way I want. I don’t have what it takes to reach my goals. I don’t have what it takes to keep going.

We either kill ourselves with that stuff or bite down on your mouth guard and get back to swinging. Not a whole lot of in between.

Latest posts

Top Bottom