So I woke up on the floor this morning...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...and yes, it's exactly what you assumed. Can't remember last night. No great loss. I doubt there would be anything worth remembering. I was supposed to put in some OT today. Instead I called the boss to say I was going to an AA meeting. Ok, not my first. I went to half of one 10 years ago. I don't expect that counts though.

It's incredibly ironic that I've been carrying a gun for 25 years now, because I don't want to get killed by some punk, simultaneously slowly killing myself every day.

They offered me a chip. I dunno how it works, but I said no thanks...hell. I was still drunk. When I got home I scattered my weed to the wind, and poured out all the alcohol in the house. I've promised to go to church with the boss in the morning. I know it's all about taking steps. Dunno what the hell I'm doing. Scared. Feel like ****. Spent most of the day just staring at the wall. Tomorrow will be better, after all...it isn't today?

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...and yes, it's exactly what you assumed. Can't remember last night. No great loss. I doubt there would be anything worth remembering. I was supposed to put in some OT today. Instead I called the boss to say I was going to an AA meeting. Ok, not my first. I went to half of one 10 years ago. I don't expect that counts though.

It's incredibly ironic that I've been carrying a gun for 25 years now, because I don't want to get killed by some punk, simultaneously slowly killing myself every day.

They offered me a chip. I dunno how it works, but I said no thanks...hell. I was still drunk. When I got home I scattered my weed to the wind, and poured out all the alcohol in the house. I've promised to go to church with the boss in the morning. I know it's all about taking steps. Dunno what the hell I'm doing. Scared. Feel like ****. Spent most of the day just staring at the wall. Tomorrow will be better, after all...it isn't today?
https://www.okshooters.com/threads/need-advice-pointers-on-going-sober.340426/
You have a new beginning coming, hang in there and read this thread for support.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s time it appears. We have been trying to guide a close friend to stop his weed and alcohol. Both took over his life with every excuse that weed helped his back pain so much he couldn’t stop it to alcohol helped his marine corps ptsd.
We talked again yesterday. He has taken his addiction to both to the VA awhile back opening up to them.
They gave him one option. Stop now or the VA is out.
He’s met with several counselors since and got off everything for almost a month. His life has turned around for the better.
If Rockhopper is eligible for the VA go for it.
If not, do whatever you can do now with what programs are available to you to break this.
Your future depends on breaking this addiction. Make it happen for your family first and for you second.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't offer much in the way of advice you probably haven't heard before.

I can offer a shoulder if you need one. If you just need to talk, just someone to listen to you, feel free to reach out to me. I'll listen without judgment and provide as much support and encouragement as I can. We're a ways apart but I'll gladly give you my phone number if you'd like.

Just let me know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom