So I woke up on the floor this morning...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you've been drinking a lot for a long time this week is going to be rough. Make it through this week and it gets better. Blood pressure and heart rate will probably spike like crazy. It will pass. Insomnia from hell, it will pass too. I promise. Make it through this week, then the next is just mental not physical then the next gets better and so on. Just keep on making the next right choice and pretty soon those right choices add up to something amazing.

.**edit... And drink as much water as you can stand to get in your system. It's your new best friend...

Last edited:

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was the son of an alcoholic and abusive father. My mother and I suffered numerous beatings before she finally had the courage to leave him.

He was career military starting with the Army Air Force during WW2 and retiring shortly after Vietnam. The only reason he'd give for his drinking was his time in England in WW2. At first I believed combat may have been the cause, but as I grew older, I discovered that he was an aircraft mechanic and the closest he ever got to combat was the flight line or the hanger.

He had a routine. He'd go to the base, come home, throw his uniform in the corner, change and out the door to the bar till it closed. My mother picked up on a pattern and she knew the signs to be elsewhere when he came back. We spent many nights at drive in triple features or sleeping in the car at a rest area.

We'd pay for our absence later when he'd remember we weren't home when he stumbled in drunk. There were always accusations of my mother seeing someone else. It wasn't true because I was always there with her. He never believed me either and I was punished for lying and defending her.

He died in 1993 and I never shed a tear at his funeral. I learned from his example and never had any interest in drinking. During my career at the FD, I've had to cut the hurt and deceased drunks and their victims from their cars and I always asked myself why? What brought them to this point in their life?

Those are my experiences. I have none for counseling or therapy, but just my opinion, look for the cause.

I wish you well and hope you succeed in your recovery.

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watching those you love become so much less than they were intended to be, then watching them die, make even those of us who don’t suffer the demon, but have seen them close rejoice in your efforts. I’ve seen the edemption too. And its an uplift that inspires everyone who ever cared about you. God give you that much for inspiration during dark hours!

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's a reason you're heavily medicating yourself so it's of utmost importance you get to the bottom of that ASAP.
It's part of the process to long term sobriety.
Absolute truth.

I’d also like to mention that most often God helps those that cannot help themselves. This is going to be about God doing for you what you cannot handle on your own.
Come to think of it I can’t think of one time in the Bible where it talks about God helping someone that could do things on their own. “Through my weakness He is strong”.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom