So if I open carry at a Wal-Mart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cause for example,
Lets say Hypothetically, I get "banned" from walmart,
It's been 2 months & I haven't gone near a walmart,
But I go to another town to visit a friend or family member & I realize I need some socks. & there is no other place open.
I take the precaution of not carrying,
My train of thought is, can I put on a big brim hat & go in & get a package of socks & a bag of chips & pay for it & leave & not be confronted by armed or unarmed security.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess you don't know for sure until you try it, but I seriously, seriously doubt anyone would pay enough attention to you to notice.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So does WM now have signage?
I haven't seen a single sign on Walmart property, and per OK SDA Title 21 para 1290.22 C: "A property owner, tenant, employer, place of worship or business entity MAY prohibit any person from carrying a concealed OR unconcealed firearm on the property. If the building or property is open to the public, the property owner, tenant, employer, place of worship or business entity SHALL POST SIGNS on or about the property stating such prohibition.

If a WalMart in Oklahoma does not post a sign stating no open carry, then such a prohibition does not legally exist in Oklahoma.

As I read it in 1290.22 E, it looks like if they don't have signs posted, they don't even have a valid reason to trespass you.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Sand Springs Wal-Mart had more 5.56/223 in stock today than before they said they were going to stop.

I also saw what was clearly non-LEO open carrying there tonight.

I wonder if their announcement was just talk.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Sand Springs Wal-Mart had more 5.56/223 in stock today than before they said they were going to stop.

Those folks they were appeasing aren't as observant as you. Lol

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

With all these reports, I'm wondering if it was left to local store management to make a final decision?
a walmart in LA is :angry3: while a walmart in Gotebo Ok is :clap3:

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Except that there is no Walmart in Gotebo OK.
LOL I don't think Gotebo even has a convenient store anymore.
My deer hunting spot is near Gotebo & I have to fill my pickup up with gas in Weatherford cause I know I cant get gas down there.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Except that there is no Walmart in Gotebo OK.
LOL I don't think Gotebo even has a convenient store anymore.
My deer hunting spot is near Gotebo & I have to fill my pickup up with gas in Weatherford cause I know I cant get gas down there.
HAHA! I know there isn't one there, but it was just a regional example of how different OC looks in CA vs Ok.

Latest posts

Top Bottom