So I'm getting my own little shooting range sorta...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well today was full of fun. Only taking 5 items up but holy cow. Lowered trucks are fun until its gotta be trailered somewhere. Got a car hauler and it still takes forever to load if the ramps arent a mile long. The other 4 items are taxidermy. I could have sworn they all fit in the back seat of my buddies crew cab but I was mistaken so he is transporting the biggest one and now I am driving my Magnum with the other 3.
Couldn't find some of my straps to hold the truck down so I got two more and for the first 100 or so miles they wanted to stretch so several stops to reattach and retighten those 2. The last stop which was at about the Kansas border on the side of the highway, I smoked my coconut on some angle iron under the trailer. I didnt know scalps would bleed so much but alas I got that stopped and off again we go. We stopped in Derby, KS for dinner...of course the dining room was closed so I get my buddies order and go through the drive thru which there is no way out of once you enter and took nearly 35 minutes to get through.

Smooth sailing so far since. We picked up the trailer at 9am Saturday morning and as of now it shows our ETA is 2am Sunday morning. Been a long day and we basically get to sleep a few hours, unload the truck and taxidermy (God I hope the truck fits in the garage) and head home tomorrow afternoon.

Yeehaw!

20211204_105212.jpg

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Best of luck to you. I've always enjoyed nebraska and most of its people. My favorite town there is named Valentine.
I elk hunt with some guys from Valentine.
Adamsredlines, you don't have to leave the forum. We have several out of state members that contribute daily. We enjoy your posts.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i appreciate all the good wishes. I guess I have most of you fooled if you think I'm such a positive guy and good presence!

I'll still be on OSA when I have signal. For whatever reason at the house there is no reception so to surf I have to go hang out in the back yard or stand out in the street. It's not bad to check in on occasion but that'll get old pretty quick once its permanent. I've been looking into the Starlink internet, supposedly its going to have coverage there this month or next. If I could get internet, that's the last thing a guy could need.

I'm about to head up with load #1...going to drive up there tonight, unload in the morning and head back tomorrow. The rest of the stuff will go in a box truck next weekend.
Check out WeBoost. Over the road truckers, RV'rs and people in low cell signal areas use these to get internet. They are cell booster not wifi.
We have a place in Colorado that we RV at with almost zero cell service. Using this booster, we can almost stream video.
The last time I went on an elk hunt with a spot in the parking lot, the only place to get reception to call home, I took my booster.
We could all use it indoors vs the sub zero temps in the parking area.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I am happy to report that the rest of last night went smooth, got in at 2am and after some shuffling got the truck unloaded and into the garage and the taxidermy in the house. I'm headed back to Tulsa!

Latest posts

Top Bottom